• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Best spring swap mods

ljacob332

I put Maru cx3 soft springs in my meiying. Out of the box it literally felt like sandpaper, but after installing the springs it got faster and less scratchier. By the way, I found out that the meiying springs were quite long.

latticeman

Does anyone have any recommended spring mods for the Yuxin 4x4, or is it fine as is? I hope to speed up the inner layers.

SnappyShark

YouTube
Visit Channel
Type of Spring Used

Do you people used high tension springs, medium tension springs or soft springs?

What are the effect produced by them? Which one do you prefer

Kudz

Aolong v2 springs in yuxin (plus core later)
It is faster got that moyu feel (after core swap), it pop same much and is faster. I would say 'worth it'.

Abo

I've heard about the whole lan lan skewb springs in shengshou and moyu, is there anywhere you can get the ball bearing springs without having to buy a whole skewb, and is it really that good?

Iamdrewbrees

Spring Swaps?

I have an Aosu with weisu soft springs and that works well.
Should I put weisu soft springs in my guansu?
What springs should I put in my bochuang, aoshi, or aofu?
any other WCA puzzles that I should swap springs for?

Forcefulness

YouTube
Visit Channel
I have an Aosu with weisu soft springs and that works well.
Should I put weisu soft springs in my guansu?
What springs should I put in my bochuang, aoshi, or aofu?
any other WCA puzzles that I should swap springs for?

Pretty much the only other puzzle that needs a spring swap is a SS 6x6, though I heard Dayan springs in an Aoshi is pretty good

willi pilz

Have you ever tried to put dayan screws (not springs) in a Meiying. It works on any puzzle.
It makes the puzzle a lot more stable, because of the bigger head the center pices cannot move around as much. (I got the Idea from the yuexiau)

I have dayan screws in all of my 3x3s now. It's really awesome.