• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Beginners Method Discussion thread

I am using RUR' and L'U'L and following crazy bad cuber YouTube channel

How to successfully complete the white side, I don't know this is happening first time with me from today, whenever I try toy form white face, it result in bad white face, what I am doing wrong?

Last edited:

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
First step: Solve white cross intuitively (4 edges). Make sure they are in the correct place (they have two colours, both colours should match a centre). Find white corner. If on top, use U moves to bring it to above where it needs to go (in between the 3 corresponding centres). Then perform your algorithm. If white sticker is facing you, hold it in the UFL spot, and do L’ U’ L. If white sticker is facing to the side, hold in the UFR spot, and do R U R’. If white sticker is facing up, hole in the UFR spot, and do R U2 R’ U’ R U R’. Repeat for all corners. If a corner is stuck in the bottom, hold the corner in the DFR spot, and do R U R’ to get it out. That should be all you need.

codercuber

I have learned the beginner method (3x3) from jperm.net & ruwix.com. What is a good solve time? My mom is saying that I do not need a new cube. I use an rubiks brand cube (non speedcube) and used some silicone oil that i got locally for lubing.

Rubuscu

If you are considering just to get to sub 20 or 30 as your final goal, of course, if you use the most effective and efficient version of the beginner's method and learn a few useful algorithms, it is indeed possible.

However, this is not recommended because in the long run, if you want to become even faster, say, sub 15, you need to learn algorithms and focus on one speed solving method like CFOP or Roux. At that level, using Beginner's method is practically pretty much impossible.

bravopapa

How to teach the rubik cube to my 4 year old child?

I myself am learning the rub'is cube by following this tutorial

I admit it's complicated, I've finished doing the 2nd floor and I'm working on the yellow cross (which I think is the step before the last).

I often see on websites that the rubiks cube can be offered to children from 3 years old but knowing my child I have to make him like something so that he hangs on. How do you explain something so complex???

Do you have any ideas/tips? thank you

Imsoosm

How to teach the rubik cube to my 4 year old child?

I myself am learning the rub'is cube by following this tutorial

I admit it's complicated, I've finished doing the 2nd floor and I'm working on the yellow cross (which I think is the step before the last).

I often see on websites that the rubiks cube can be offered to children from 3 years old but knowing my child I have to make him like something so that he hangs on. How do you explain something so complex???

Do you have any ideas/tips? thank you
Actually, I would see if your child is interested at first. If he's not interested, then don't teach it to him. Cubing is more of a self interest, a hobby. If he is pretty interested, but he can't understand the algorithms and stuff, then wait a year or two and try explaining it to him again.

bravopapa

Thank you that's a good advice. I already showed it to him he found that funny for a bit and then he got bored..

I can get him interedted by playing in front of him without asking him to get involved..he will probably ( i hope) try to imitate ..

Regardless, i think as you said i might be too early for him