• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

5BLD's And PandaCuber's Roux Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

5BLD

WCA
2011LAUA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Let's get on skype and make a new one together then :)
Ill be online in 15 mins, you can create the site with either my or your email... I also know how to program a bit.

PandaCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hows my efficiency?

R' U2 R U R2 r2 U R' U r2 U R r U2 r U2 R' r U2 R2 U2 R U' R U'

r U' r2 U2 R'

R' U' R U' M2 R'U R

alg.garron

U' r2 U R' U R' U' r' U2 R' r' U' R U2 R' U2 r R2 U' r2 U2 r R U' R'

U2 R U R F' U2 F r U r'

R' U2 R MU M'U2 R' U R

alg.garron

r U' R U2 r U2 R' U' r U' r U r' U' R2 r' U' r U' R U' R U' R r'

U M U' M2 R U R2'

r' U R

alg.garron

PandaCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Maybe you guys will like this picture:

mr-brown-can-moo-can-you-main.jpg

PandaCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Heres a little Walkthrough solve and Lookahead tips. Trying to post more videos to help you guys reach sub 20. Anything you guys would like to see from me?

Last edited by a moderator:

5BLD

WCA
2011LAUA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Little bump for those who haven't seen this yet. Mind you, I haven't touched the site in months.

I got a little something too that you might find helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:

Googlrr

WCA
2010CARM01
I have questions for some of you fast roux users.

I'm currently trying to become somewhat color neutral (roux-tral?) because I hate seeing nice blocks on other colors that I know I cant make good use of.

Currently I solve Red-orange on l and r blocks and just choose whichever one looks better. I always solve with white on bottom. What do you guys think is more worthwhile, doing blue-green blocks or using yellow on bottom too. Both options would open two more blocks to me, but I was just curious as to what other people use.

5BLD

WCA
2011LAUA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yellow bottom would be easier to transition to with similar benefits to the other I think. But there's a part of me telling you to go do both as I believe the way I do it is a good compromise between full CN and non- i.e. White/Yellow on D, any other colour on L.

Perhaps if you have difficulty switching to green/blue on L then you may like to go straight for fixed L/R colours- any colour but red/orange on D that is. That has 8 blocks also which is the same number as they way I do it.

Last edited:

Googlrr

WCA
2010CARM01
Yellow bottom would be easier to transition to with similar benefits to the other I think. But there's a part of me telling you to go do both as I believe the way I do it is a good compromise between full CN and non- i.e. White/Yellow on D, any other colour on L.

Perhaps if you have difficulty switching to green/blue on L then you may like to go straight for fixed L/R colours- any colour but red/orange on D that is. That has 8 blocks also which is the same number as they way I do it.

Thanks for the reply! I've been trying out blue-green blocks. Its definitely different but I've gotten a few sub20s with it which is about my average. Biggest issue I have is I keep putting my blocks in all stupid because I'm used to inserting the red portion as opposed to the blue. I'm gonna try to stick to white on bottom for now until I get this whole blue green thing down.

Sarahjdes

Calling all Rouxers! I recently started solving a 4x4 with the reduction method, and since I use Roux for my 3x3, I figured I'd use the same for the 4x4. I have a little problem with oll parity. When I get to the point where I have to solve the bad edges, I sometimes find myself with too many cases I don't exist, because one edge is flipped. Is there a way to know which one is flipped so I can position my bad edges in order to solve them? Right now I just play around until I get the right one, but it's not very efficient. Thanks!

D

Deleted member 15503

Calling all Rouxers! I recently started solving a 4x4 with the reduction method, and since I use Roux for my 3x3, I figured I'd use the same for the 4x4. I have a little problem with oll parity. When I get to the point where I have to solve the bad edges, I sometimes find myself with too many cases I don't exist, because one edge is flipped. Is there a way to know which one is flipped so I can position my bad edges in order to solve them? Right now I just play around until I get the right one, but it's not very efficient. Thanks!

It doenst matter wich one is flipped! just flip any edge and it is possible again :) done!

PandaCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel

What I do is solve F2B, then Solve Oll Parity, then CMLL, so on.

Once you finish Blocks, look at the edges. If you see a case you dont normally seen on 3x3, you have parity.
Because if you do CMLL and THEN parity, you mess up the the Corners. Get it?

Sarahjdes

What I do is solve F2B, then Solve Oll Parity, then CMLL, so on.

Once you finish Blocks, look at the edges. If you see a case you dont normally seen on 3x3, you have parity.
Because if you do CMLL and THEN parity, you mess up the the Corners. Get it?

Yeah, that's what I figured out after I posted this. I had to do them twice. So yes, everything makes sense.

Any good guides about parity you would recommend?

It doenst matter wich one is flipped! just flip any edge and it is possible again :) done!
Great, thanks!

emolover

WCA
2009MAHO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have a question for all y'all senior Roux users. How do you get faster at L6E? I once read a 5BLD post where he says he looks ahead during it, I do not really get that.

Also should I learn CMLL or COLL with my best average of 12 being a 22.xx? I will still be using CFOP for big cubes and OH but I there is significantly less moves for CMLL I might learn both.

Also I am happy to have boarded the Roux train as this is my second day of using it.

Edit: Has anyone generated algs for Roux winter variation? If not I will start that tomorrow.

Last edited:

Cool Frog

Winter variation for roux tis a silly thing.

Yeah, You can lookahead (Kinda necessary) Practice to force things for LSE.

Learn BOTH since they can both come in handy. If you decide to only learn one, It really depends on how much you plan on doing big cubes/OH though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
5BLD How-to's, Guides, etc. 127
5BLD Forum Competitions 8