• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

3x3 with Feet in Mini Guildfords...

weatherman223

WCA
2017MILL04
I was about to do a Mini Guildford earlier, and I started to think...

Usually, Mini Guildfords are defined as all events that are averages of 5.

Well, Feet is now an average of 5 event, so it should fit in to the mini guildford event category...Most disagree, simply because it is too slow of an event to fit into the category. But some agree, saying its with par with 5x5.

Should we have feet in mini guildford or should we not?

We should as a community decide this by the new year, because after that feet will be Ao5.

I personally think no, feet is too time consuming, and would kill mini guildford UWRs.

What do you guys think?

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
I say yes. Or make a new relay. If you look at world rankings (and my personal results) feet is actually somewhere between 4x4 and 5x5 for time, so time really isn't a good argument. It would be a different event, even if it had the same name, so there would have to be some differentiation for the sake of records. Mini Guildford w/feet, for example.

Hazel

Premium Member
I say yes. Or make a new relay. If you look at world rankings (and my personal results) feet is actually somewhere between 4x4 and 5x5 for time, so time really isn't a good argument. It would be a different event, even if it had the same name, so there would have to be some differentiation for the sake of records. Mini Guildford w/feet, for example.
I like that suggestion, mini Guilford w/ feet should be a separate thing imo