• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 30,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The Solve Critique Thread

WCA
2015MANN01
Random example solve, tips would be appriciated! I average around sub-13, I know full OLL and PLL, COLL minus sunes and antisunes, and some random other cases from various subsets.

R F B2 U R D' R2 F B' R F2 D2 L2 D F2 U2 F2 D R2

y' U F' U L F' U r' U R // Cross (I know it's inneficient but that's what I'd do in a real solve)
L' U2 L U L' U' L // F2L 1
L U' L' R' U' R U' R' U R // F2L 2
R U2 R' L U' L' // F2L 3
R U R' U2 R U2 R' U' R U2 R' // Last slot with winter variation
U (G perm starting with R U R' y') // PLL

WCA
2016STEE01
Random example solve, tips would be appriciated! I average around sub-13, I know full OLL and PLL, COLL minus sunes and antisunes, and some random other cases from various subsets.

R F B2 U R D' R2 F B' R F2 D2 L2 D F2 U2 F2 D R2

y' U F' U L F' U r' U R // Cross (I know it's inneficient but that's what I'd do in a real solve)
R U2 R' L U' L' // F2L 3
R U R' U2 R U2 R' U' R U2 R' // Last slot with winter variation
U (G perm starting with R U R' y') // PLL
First off, for the cross the last R should be a Rw so it would be (y' U F' U L F' U r' U r) Cross
And on your 4th F2L pair you needed a U at the beginning before the R.

With that being said, here is your original solve except once I added the needed moves the OLL is a SUNE case and for PLL I believe my version it is a little faster of a perm with no rotation to execute then the one that you were going to have:
https://alg.cubing.net/?setup=R_F_B...U-_R-_U_R-_Uw_R2// _ &title=Original Solution
y' U F' U L F' U Rw' U Rw//Cross
R U2 R' L U' L' // F2L 3
U R U R' U2 R U2 R' U2R U' R'//F2L 4
R U R' U R U2 R'//Sune OLL
U R U R' y' R2' Uw' R U' R' U R' Uw R2//

And here is a revised solve with your scramble. I believe that the solve that I came up with is a little more efficient, especially for the cross, but please take it with a grain a salt because I only average in the 12 seconds.
y' R' F L D' R//Cross
y' L U' L' U' R U R2 U R U2 R' U2 R U' R' U R//First and second pair
U2 L' U L U2 L' U L//Third pair
U L U' L' U2 L U' L'//Forth pair
R U2 R2 U' R U' R' U2 F R F'//OLL
U' x R' U R' D2 R U' R' D2 R2 x' U'// Aa Perm Pll
https://alg.cubing.net/?setup=R_F_B...2_x-_U-//_Aa_Perm_Pll &title=Revised Solution

All in all you solution was pretty good, especially once you add the right moves:) But I think that if you use the cross solution that I provided you can look ahead at your first F2L pair easier then doing what you did with the lower case r's. Once the cross was done the F2L's were good and your last layer is self explanatory.

WCA
2015LANG03
Disclaimer: I don't do OH Roux.

1. lol @ hand scrambles

2. It looks like you slam the cube against the table to align the layers very often, and this eats up a lot of time. Practise doing FB+SB without table abuse or hold your cube closer to the table surface. Getting a magnetic cube is also an option, although some people dislike magnets for OH so ymmv.

3. Minimise slice moves during FB/SB. Related to the above point because you need one edge of the cube to be resting against the table for slice moves, whereas you normally have it hovering about a centimetre off.

4. U3' for setting up to CMLL in the first solve is kinda bad. F U R U' R' F' should be about as fast as F R U R' U' F' and these two algs solve the same CMLL case but at different angles.

WCA
2016MARS09
<3

@cubingawsumness, I stand by what I said yesterday. Turn faster.

Here are my solves:

Pretty good for me, but definitely room for improvement.

(20.062), 23.462, 22.495, (27.753), 20.873 = 22.277

Lost the scrambles sorry.

I sort of went into Fridrich on the 27. Didn't work out well.

EDIT: the first, second and fifth solves were all clockwise A-perm. weird.
Thee finger tricks are a little bit choppy but nice job with no pauses!

WCA
2018HUGE02
Sorry if this critique is incomplete but I am not at the level that you are by the long shot. (Ask somebody else for advice in cross. I use ZZ.)
F2L:
1) I noticed that you used U U instead of U2. This is small, but it can go a long way.
2) I have also seen you do U U', which is two wasted moves.
3) You have small pauses in between each case. At this level, you may want to have no pauses.