List of PC cubing software
A very popular category of Rubik's cube software is the playable 3D Rubik's Cube (animated cube), often implemented as a Java applet, which has a long history. The first version of which many current programs are derived was made by Michael Shubart. After that, Karl Hornell made modifications in his version, which again was used by Lars Petrus on his website. Probably the most widely used is RubikPlayer by Werner Randelshofer.
- Block Keeper - Fully featured timer for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Doesn't use Java
- Prisma Puzzle Timer Can be connected to Stackmat (Java). Thread
- JNetCube - (Java)
- JTimer - New version of JNetCube (Java)
- Talking Timer
- CALCubeTimer 0.9.5 - Interfaces with a stackmat through the microphone port. No longer developing, Gaaron's project moved to Prisma Timer, see above. (Java)
- PTimer - Java-based timer designed for use in cubing videos
- Rubik’s cube Stop-watch - For Windows or Linux. Thread
- Speedcubing Timer - Keeps a list of times for each puzzle. For Windows only, but works in Wine on Linux.
- Twisty Polyhedra by Aditya (live demo) - Solver + Emulator for platonic solids of different sizes. GUI based Open source project. source
- CubeTeacher - Graphical Fridrich solver with annotated solutions. Aims to help the user learn the method (Windows, .NET Framework 2.0 required, freeware, currently beta)
- ACube (Wiki article) - Fast solver written by Josef Jelinek, and is able to ignore pieces and specify different metrics upon loading. (Java, freeware, command-line based)
- ACube 4 - New version of ACube under development as of summer 2011
- Cube Explorer (Wiki article) - Fast solver written by Herbert Kociemba with his algorithm (Windows, freeware, graphical)
- Cubie - Solver with animation (Java, freeware)
- Rubik's Cube Solver by Eric Dietz - (Windows/Linux, GPL)
- ksolve - A general puzzle solver by Kåre Krig. Uses a written definition file and scramble file, and is much slower than dedicated solvers. (Windows, freeware, command-line based) Thread
- Learn to Solve Rubik's Cube with 3 Simple Tricks - Step-by-step interactive animated solution (Java)
- Rubik's Solution Hints Booklet Step Animation - Step-by-step interactive animated solution based on official booklet (Java)
- Square-1 Solver by Jaap Scherphuis - Optimal and non-optimal solvers (C++), source included with non-optimal solver
- Five-Step 4x4x4 Solver by Bruce Norskog
- Five Step 4x4x4 Solver by Clément Gallet
- Cube solver by Aditya - Solver + Emulator for cube of any size. GUI based Open source project in Java.
- Ultimate Magic Cube - (Windows). Megaminx, pyraminx and much more
- Gabbasoft - (Windows) A collection of NxNxN puzzles 2-20, and with supercubes
- GlidingCube - (Windows) A virtual cube puzzle. Intriguing but cannot be built physically.
- IsoCubeSim - (Java) A cube puzzle simulator which supports not only NxNxN puzzles (of any size), but arbitrary cuboids as well.
- 4D Cube - (Java)
- 5D Cube - (Windows)
- RubikSim - (Windows)
- QBASIC Rubik's Cube - (DOS/Windows) At 26,375 bytes (25.7 KB), a relatively large Rubik's cube program.
- Hungarian HexaHedron - (Windows) It is amazing for FMC. Records your solution as you go.
- Rubix - (Windows) simulator for cube sizes from 2x2x2 to 50x50x50. Supports custom face images
- LL trainer by Alexander - for windows - download, thread.
- PLL trainer by Badmephisto - for windows - thread
- Drill Sergeant GUI - cross platform - thread
- F2L OLL PLL Trainer - html-based, but not available as a web site - thread
- anonymous PLL trainer - author unknown - found here
- PLL trainer - written in python - thread
- 2-Sided PLL trainer - excel spreadsheet with macros - thread
- LL Timer by Zarxrax - for windows - thread
- Case Trainer by Zarxrax - for windows - thread