• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Nachbildung - Solve reconstruction tool

RedstoneTim

YouTube
Visit Channel
Nachbildung.PNG

I made a tool called "Nachbildung" for reconstructing solves. If you've seen any of my reconstructions in the Reconstruction thread, that's how I made them.

The program's primary goal is to automatically calculate statistics and create exports for different formats.
I know that spreadsheets already exist for this purpose (specifically Stewy's spreadsheet for CFOP and Anto's spreadsheet for Roux), but I don't really like that they are mostly hardcoded for Ao5, have no BBCode exports (which is the format this forum uses) and only work with one method, so I created this.

If you want to see a demonstration of the program, have a look at this video of me reconstructing a solve.
The exports can be found here and in the spoiler below.
Joseph Tudor - 8.04 Official ZZ single - Lincoln Open 2019

R L2 B R L2 U' L B' L F2 B2 U L2 F2 D' B2 D2 L2 D

x2' y' // Inspection
U' M' U r' R' D' L U R2 D2 // EOCross
x' x U' R U R' U' R U R' U' R U R' // 1st pair
U' L' U2 L U2' r' F r // 2nd pair
x' x U' R' L U' L' // 3rd pair
U R // 4th pair
U U' M2' U M' U U M U M2' // PLL

View at
alg.cubing.net
StepTimeSTMSTPSETMETPS
Total8.04475.85516.34
F2L6.18375.99416.63
LL1.86105.38105.38
EOCross1.97105.08105.08
OLS0.2528.0028.00
PLL1.86105.38105.38

The main features of this program are:
  • Plain text, Markdown and BBCode exports
  • Support for CFOP, Roux, ZZ, Petrus, LEOR and custom methods
  • Mean, Average and Best of statistics
  • Works offline (except for the virtual cube)
  • Uses Java, so it should work on most operating systems
I probably forgot a lot of features here, so just have a look at the wiki for more info.

The download is https://github.com/RedstoneTim/Nachbildung/releases/latest. Since the program is written in Kotlin and JavaFX, you need to have Java installed to run it. There's also an installation tutorial for more details.

A small GitHub wiki exists for more info on how to use it, definitely read it if you intend on doing anything with this program.
The GitHub repository with the source code can be found here. The project is licensed under the GNU General Public License v3.0.

If there are any issues or suggestions, either create a new issue or tell me about it in this thread.

I hope that this will be useful to some of you.

Cubing5life

I made a tool called "Nachbildung" for reconstructing solves. If you've seen any of my reconstructions in the Reconstruction thread, that's how I made them.

The program's primary goal is to automatically calculate statistics and create exports for different formats.
I know that spreadsheets already exist for this purpose (specifically Stewy's spreadsheet for CFOP and Anto's spreadsheet for Roux), but I don't really like that they are mostly hardcoded for Ao5, have no BBCode exports (which is the format this forum uses) and only work with one method, so I created this.

If you want to see a demonstration of the program, have a look at this video of me reconstructing a solve.
The exports can be found here and in the spoiler below.
Joseph Tudor - 8.04 Official ZZ single - Lincoln Open 2019

R L2 B R L2 U' L B' L F2 B2 U L2 F2 D' B2 D2 L2 D

x2' y' // Inspection
U' M' U r' R' D' L U R2 D2 // EOCross
x' x U' R U R' U' R U R' U' R U R' // 1st pair
U' L' U2 L U2' r' F r // 2nd pair
x' x U' R' L U' L' // 3rd pair
U R // 4th pair
U U' M2' U M' U U M U M2' // PLL

View at
alg.cubing.net
StepTimeSTMSTPSETMETPS
Total8.04475.85516.34
F2L6.18375.99416.63
LL1.86105.38105.38
EOCross1.97105.08105.08
OLS0.2528.0028.00
PLL1.86105.38105.38

The main features of this program are:
  • Plain text, Markdown and BBCode exports
  • Support for CFOP, Roux, ZZ, Petrus, LEOR and custom methods
  • Mean, Average and Best of statistics
  • Works offline (except for the virtual cube)
  • Uses Java, so it should work on most operating systems
I probably forgot a lot of features here, so just have a look at the wiki for more info.

The download is https://github.com/RedstoneTim/Nachbildung/releases/latest. Since the program is written in Kotlin and JavaFX, you need to have Java installed to run it. There's also an installation tutorial for more details.

A small GitHub wiki exists for more info on how to use it, definitely read it if you intend on doing anything with this program.
The GitHub repository with the source code can be found here. The project is licensed under the GNU General Public License v3.0.

If there are any issues or suggestions, either create a new issue or tell me about it in this thread.

I hope that this will be useful to some of you.
Cool tool! Are you from germany? Because Nachbildung...