• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

ZBLL trainer

Roman

WCA
2012STRA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've used your trainer for a while now, but since today, I've had this warning message with firefox: An error occurred during a connection to bestsiteever.ru. The OCSP response does not include a status for the certificate being verified. Error code: MOZILLA_PKIX_ERROR_OCSP_RESPONSE_FOR_CERT_MISSING

If there's a way for you to fix it, that would be great. Otherwise I'm gonna have to resort to something else.

Hey. Thanks for the report! Can you check if it is fixed now?

Roman

WCA
2012STRA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Issue with short / 2gen / stupid scrambles is now fixed.

2-gen scrambles listed here were removed from scrambles list. They were replaced by a bunch of alternative algs found on birdflu website. Short (12- moves) scrambles were also replaced.
related git commit: click.

The scramble generator tends to give you less B moves now.
related git commit: click.

@Pyjam @Aerma @Neel Gore

Hazel

Premium Member
Awesome, thanks for doing this :)
I'm still going to continue working on my own trainer, partially because there's a bunch of other features I plan on implementing, and partially because it's a bit too late now to turn back xD
Neither of us are earning any money from these so I wouldn't call it a "competitor" though haha.

Roman

WCA
2012STRA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
You can now switch between top view and 3D view during practising by clicking at the picture.

mIsC8AhCXNU.jpg

Switching between flat and 3D view in the selection layout is yet to come.

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You can now switch between top view and 3D view during practising by clicking at the picture.

mIsC8AhCXNU.jpg

Switching between flat and 3D view in the selection layout is yet to come.
This has been my main gripe with your trainer so far; the other one you fixed in the earlier post.
Thank you so much for making a great trainer and now for making it even better!

Nilsibert

WCA
2014FREY01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I like the idea of the random mode, but it seems like when using it, some cases tend to show up significally less often than others. That is of course possible with true randomness. Is there a way to stay in recap mode, with only the order changing? Or better yet, I'd like it to have a sort of "semi random" mode, where cases can appear multiple times, but it would still guarantee that the number of times all the cases that come up is somewhat consistant, if you know what I mean.

Roman

WCA
2012STRA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I like the idea of the random mode, but it seems like when using it, some cases tend to show up significally less often than others. That is of course possible with true randomness. Is there a way to stay in recap mode, with only the order changing? Or better yet, I'd like it to have a sort of "semi random" mode, where cases can appear multiple times, but it would still guarantee that the number of times all the cases that come up is somewhat consistant, if you know what I mean.

Yep, I will do this.
In the beginning each case will have equal probability, and when the case is shown, its probability is decreased 2 or 3 times.

Roman

WCA
2012STRA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
ZBLL trainer now efficiently gives you scrambles to practise all cases evenly during the session.

This feature is rather subtle, but those who practise with ZBLL a lot will feel the imporovement right off.

The downside of the recap mode is that after you've done with some cases, you don't expect them to appear anymore, which defeats the purpose. And with "true random" mode, some cases may not appear in the session at all, while others may appear 3,4, even 5 times!

With new probability feature introduced, both problems are mitigated.
When you select N cases to practise, a probability of (1/N) is assigned to each of them. When a certain scramble is given to you, its probability is decreased in half, making this case twice less likely to appear next time. Note that "twice less likely" does not mean "impossible". Right after that, all the probabilities are normalized so that their sum is equal to 1 (or 100%).

Example: you have selected 4 cases. Initial probabilities:
[25%, 25%, 25%, 25%]

Let's say the first one had been given to you, and it's probability is now 12.5%. After normalization, the probs become:
[14.28%, 28.57%, 28.57%, 28.57%].

The probability of first scramble appear again is only 14% — twice less than all others, but they all sum up to 100%.

As you practise, more and more cases get their probabilities cut in half, so at some point the first case will have about the same prob as all others and will likely to appear again. Nontheless, you can't predict when it appears exactly.

This can be interpreted as something between "recap mode" and "just random" mode.

This is solved now.

Related git commit: click