• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

ZBLL trainer

Aerma

Premium Member
WCA
2015MANN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sometimes I can get some information about the ZBLL based on the scramble, even after you removed all of the 2gen and short scrambles. For example, one scramble I got was F U2 F' U' F U' F' L' U' L U' L' U2 L, a combo of two Sunes, which means I know it's a 2GLL. Instead of going through all the algs and systematically removing those that give too much information away, I have another idea: wide moves. For example, just by looking at the scramble, I would have no idea that l F2 R' F' l D l' F' R F' l' was just R U2 R' U' R U R' U' R U' R'. This wouldn't be the default, but it could be a setting for people like me that can deduce a lot about the ZBLL just by looking at the scramble.
This is interesting—an option to have scrambles translated to incorporate wide/slice moves... it sounds like a lot of work though, it might be easier for Roman if the community just came up with a list of scrambles to remove from the trainer.

GenTheThief

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sometimes I can get some information about the ZBLL based on the scramble, even after you removed all of the 2gen and short scrambles. For example, one scramble I got was F U2 F' U' F U' F' L' U' L U' L' U2 L, a combo of two Sunes, which means I know it's a 2GLL. Instead of going through all the algs and systematically removing those that give too much information away, I have another idea: wide moves. For example, just by looking at the scramble, I would have no idea that l F2 R' F' l D l' F' R F' l' was just R U2 R' U' R U R' U' R U' R'. This wouldn't be the default, but it could be a setting for people like me that can deduce a lot about the ZBLL just by looking at the scramble.
I feel like this is just a rather inevitable thing. If I'm doing a small enough set of cases, like on CP case of 12, then I start to recognize some of the cases. Personally, I can tell that that new sequence is an H 2GLL by executing it. I definitely had no idea what it was just by looking at it, but by doing the moves themselves, it was pretty identifiable as a double sune. It also sucked to execute. I don't think making the scrambles slightly harder to identify but harder to do is really worth it.

But, if that's something that a bunch of people want, then using the Manipulate function in Conrad Crider's algorithm translator could be a useful tool I'm sure.

Aerma

Premium Member
WCA
2015MANN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I feel like this is just a rather inevitable thing. If I'm doing a small enough set of cases, like on CP case of 12, then I start to recognize some of the cases. Personally, I can tell that that new sequence is an H 2GLL by executing it. I definitely had no idea what it was just by looking at it, but by doing the moves themselves, it was pretty identifiable as a double sune. It also sucked to execute. I don't think making the scrambles slightly harder to identify but harder to do is really worth it.

But, if that's something that a bunch of people want, then using the Manipulate function in Conrad Crider's algorithm translator could be a useful tool I'm sure.
I believe that in Roman's trainer, scrambles are randomly rotated around the y-axis. That's how I made it while I was developing HazelTrainer, and it wasn't too difficult to code.

Roman

WCA
2012STRA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
That's an excellent idea! I will implement it when I get by.