• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Yuxin Cloud 5x5 Corner Piece Damaged

So my Yuxin Cloud 5x5 has some colour discrepancies on the blue-white-orange corner (as shown in the picture below). I've had it for a while so I'm guessing it was caused by a drop or multiple drops. I'm just wondering if this cube is still WCA legal (because the piece is different from all the others) or if I should buy a new replacement cube/piece. Thanks for the help!
DSC00143.jpeg

D

Deleted member 54663

It wouldn't be WCA Legal anymore, since there is a large visible scratch. You could buy an extra piece, but they are hard to find for specific cubes. If you want a new 5x5 for the same price, I would recommend the Meilong, or if you have more money, the MGC is awesome.

Humble Cuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
So my Yuxin Cloud 5x5 has some colour discrepancies on the blue-white-orange corner (as shown in the picture below). I've had it for a while so I'm guessing it was caused by a drop or multiple drops. I'm just wondering if this cube is still WCA legal (because the piece is different from all the others) or if I should buy a new replacement cube/piece. Thanks for the help!
View attachment 14053
Did you buy it and it came like that, or did you cause the scratch. If it came like that, make sure to contact the seller to see if you can get a refund or a new one

D

Deleted member 54663

Did you buy it and it came like that, or did you cause the scratch. If it came like that, make sure to contact the seller to see if you can get a refund or a new one
He said he's had it for a while.

It wouldn't be WCA Legal anymore, since there is a large visible scratch. You could buy an extra piece, but they are hard to find for specific cubes. If you want a new 5x5 for the same price, I would recommend the Meilong, or if you have more money, the MGC is awesome.
Ok, good to know. I already ordered some cubes before posting this thread so it will be a while before I place another order. I'm sure I'll have plenty of. time since competitions still seem far away from starting back up in my area. Is there any websites you would recommend where I could find a replacement piece?

D

Deleted member 54663

Ok, good to know. I already ordered some cubes before posting this thread so it will be a while before I place another order. I'm sure I'll have plenty of. time since competitions still seem far away from starting back up in my area. Is there any websites you would recommend where I could find a replacement piece?
The cubicle sells some replacement pieces, but idk about cloud pieces.

SenorJuan

It's hard to tell from just a photo, but it appears the colour has 'faded' due to the plastic being bent/stressed, such as dropping, as you mentioned. If there's no actual cracking, there's a chance the plastic can be stress-relieved and the colour can return.
Though I've never tried it, I recall that placing the plastic part in very hot water for a while can relax the stresses. Some people report that careful use of a hairdryer can also work, but obviously it's much more risky, and I would practice on parts from an old cube first, to get some feel for the job, you don't want warped/melted/burnt, just hot ....

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 54663

It's hard to tell from just a photo, but it appears the colour has 'faded' due to the plastic being bent/stressed, such as dropping, as you mentioned. If there's no actual cracking, there's a chance the plastic can be stress-relieved and the colour can return.
Though I've never tried it, I recall that placing the plastic part in very hot water for a while can relax the stresses. Some people report that careful use of a hairdryer can also work, but obviously is much more risky, and I would practice on parts from an old cube first, to get some feel for the job.
hair dryers will also work, as long as the current is powerful and the temp. is hot.