• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

XG (New Method Based on Fridrich!)

So, my idea is, you do F2l kinda like normal. But instead of knowing so many algs u just use a few. Its much easier to keep only those in your head, and use the same fast ones and get practice on doing them fast eevry solve. Like, you split up each pair and instead of "pair, then insert," you do "insert corner, then insert edge." So you insert corner with RUR' or RU'R' or RU2R'U'RUR', then do edge with URU'R'F'UF or R'U'R'U'R'URUR. These are just some sample algs I pcicked, feel free to use your own.

FOR EXAMPLE!
Lets say you have the F2L case you get by setting up R U F2 R' F2 R'
Normally youd solve it by doing R U2' R' U2 R U' R'
But with XG, you do U2 R U' R' U2 R' U' R' U' R' U R U R. Two simple algs, and its not that much longer.

yo lucas, this method seems pretty useful, I totally did'nt think of it before

So anyway, I was practicing it for a few hours and thinkinng about some ways to make XG even more expert, and was playing around and came up with some this super sweet way to make the xg f2l better. I know I havent talked to you about it, but i am going to call it the XGJF2L method (Xtreme-Garron-Jahn-F2L) (cause Jahn is my last name, lol)

So basicly, my idea is that you do XG kinda like normal. What I think u could do is make the total algs even less, so that like even though the total movecount might be just a tiny bit higher you are using only superfast, even easier algs. You still split up the F2l down from Fredrich into pairs, but instead of having to use 3 algs to insert the corner, you could do everything with just RUR'U', which is (at least for me) a realy fast alg, and there is less thinking involved as well, which makes stuff faster generally.

EXAMPLE:

Using the same set up case R U F2 R' F2 R'
With normal XG, you do U2 R U' R' U2 R' U' R' U' R' U R U R.
But with XGJF2L you would do: U (RUR'U')x5 U2 R' U' R' U' R' U R U R

It's not that much more moves, plus with practice most people can do RUR'U' really fast. The biggest strength i think though is that you dont have to decide between RUR' or RU'R' or RU2R'U'RUR' for corners, but you just do the same thing every time, that means you have to think less, so you can go faster in the end.

Let me know what you thikn, I am pretty excited that I came up with this new even more expert method.

deepSubDiver

Thats 31 - 14 = 17 moves more for the alg, even if you could do RUR'U' triggers fast, I don't think there will be any bigger effort.

deepSubDiver

Great, thanks! I will look into that method and train a little, since I am currently learning Roux, I guess this will be a good way for comparison.

WCA
2009MURR01
I fail to see what's so great about this method. Incase none of you knew Fridrich can be done in 6 algs.You simply need to follow 3 rules.

1. Make sure both corner and edge are on top

2. seperate the corner and the edge if they're together

3. align the pieces so they can be solved

I don't think this is too great. I'm sorry. I just don't. Do you know why? It's just a way of putting in the corner and the edge except you do it in more moves.

WCA
2008SMIT04
YouTube
Visit Channel
I fail to see what's so great about this method. Incase none of you knew Fridrich can be done in 6 algs.You simply need to follow 3 rules.

I don't think this is too great. I'm sorry. I just don't. Do you know why? It's just a way of putting in the corner and the edge except you do it in more moves.
:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp

5 of them are enough I think. I can't understand how you fail to see that this has been a joke the whole time.

fanwuq

WCA
2008FANW01
YouTube
Visit Channel

:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp

5 of them are enough I think. I can't understand how you fail to see that this has been a joke the whole time.

It's not a joke. Only a true Expert of cubing would see how awesome this method is.

WCA
2009MURR01
People are just sucking up to lucas. This method is just beginners F2L on steroids. This is in no way expert, or fast. It uses like 14 moves to put in a corner and edge. That's way to many. It's no better then the beginners method. Except this method doesn't have as many cube rotations. So this fails.

WCA
2009MURR01
Here's for everybody that thinks this is good.

:fp for you
:fp another for you
:fp one for you too
:fp yeah, you definately deserve

Oh, and a few :fp:fp:fp:fp:fp for lucas garron.