• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Who Do You think will win worlds 2021

Who do you think will win worlds 2021

• Feliks Zemdegs (Australia)

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Yezhen Han (China)

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Max Park (USA)

Votes: 22 40.7%
  • Ruihang Xu (China)

Votes: 23 42.6%
  • Sean Patrick Villanueva (Phillippines)

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Phillip Weyer (Germany) (2019 Champion)

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Tymon Kolasinski (Poland)

Votes: 24 44.4%
  • Patrick Ponce (USA)

• Lucas Etter (USA)

• Bill Wang (Canada)

• Other (Comment Below)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

minxer293

Why are chinese cubers so good all of a sudden? Because there are still competitions over there. We can't overestimate them just because they had more opportunities.
They are one of the few countries having big competitions, thus they can get better competition results.

I don't think they were so good all of a sudden, I think they just practiced during lockdown and when competitions came back, they got significantly better results than they did.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Why are chinese cubers so good all of a sudden? Because there are still competitions over there. We can't overestimate them just because they had more opportunities.
I discussed this in the rise of the Chinese cubers thread. If you watch the GAN speed aces interview, a lot of the young kids started in preschool in cubing clubs. If we had cubing clubs in preschool I guarantee you would see more fast solvers come up.