• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Who do you think is the best speedcuber overall?

Who is the best cuber overall?

• Total voters

LwBigcubes

WCA
2019HOON01
Remember there exists Jayden Mcneill. He could have gotten 3x3 WR single back in 2018 if not for that cube drop during the 3.5x sec mark upon finish. I think Jayden Mcneill truly deserves to be considered one of the cubers on the list for best cubers.

I would consider him as the best cuber overall when it comes to insights on making improvements and breakthroughs in cubing through new techniques which can't be found anywhere in most cubing forums.

Athefre

Remember there exists Jayden Mcneill. He could have gotten 3x3 WR single back in 2018 if not for that cube drop during the 3.5x sec mark upon finish. I think Jayden Mcneill truly deserves to be considered one of the cubers on the list for best cubers.

I would consider him as the best cuber overall when it comes to insights on making improvements and breakthroughs in cubing through new techniques which can't be found anywhere in most cubing forums.
Do you have a list of the techniques? I've seen this mentioned a few times, but these breakthroughs seem to be known only to the CFOP community. I sometimes like to do write-ups, so a list would be helpful.

Last edited:

NONOGamer12

YouTube
Visit Channel
Kinchranks is a system used to measure how good someone's results are in comparison to the world record, then takes the results for every event and averages them. If you got a 10 second average on 3x3 and the world record was 5 seconds then you would have a 50 Kinch in that event because of the way it's calculated. 5.00/10.00*100=50.00
If you have the world record you have a 100 Kinch in that event.

Stanley Chapel has the highest kinch with 72.28 right now, but that could change as new records are broken. Here's a list of the top 25 best cubers by Kinch right now:

View attachment 21082
Also, it pays to have every event completed. Your Kinch will only be calculated for an event if you have an average in that event. The only exceptions are 3BLD, FMC, 4BLD, 5BLD and MBLD, in which singles can act as a good substitute. In those same events, if your single Kinch result is better than your average Kinch result, the number generated from comparing your single record with the world record will be put in.

There are also versions of Kinch that compare everyone in a certain state, country or continent with the State/National/Continental Records for that area, and work the same way except with different times.

If there's an area for which one is calculating such Kinch and there's an event missing, such as 5BLD for a lot of places, then everybody there gets 0.00 Kinch in that event.

Hopefully that was informative; I hope everyone could understand. I'll share a spreadsheet you can use to compare your results to all your friends' results so you can get a more firm grasp if my explanation wasn't good enough. In my opinion, Kinch is the best empirical method of determining who is the best cuber in any area.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14yz5Q2G-6a-SQpxFxNCK2HRmEzStg8Fruv0oxC5A9LU/edit?usp=sharing (group rankings for lots of people doing it)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10oEmvtSyUa5hXyuMRi5EvD8HJJ6khx6BnW8AnNWoj3E/edit?usp=sharing (one person's rankings, may need updating)

Sum of Ranks is also used but I don't like it as much because single and average sum of ranks are different and if someone doesn't compete in a popular event such as 3x3, their sum or ranks is going to suck because for every event you don't compete in, you have to find how many people have competed in that event and add 1. Additionally, whenever anyone gets any PR result better than yours you have to constantly update it whereas with Kinch you only have to update it when records are broken. Kinch is more balanced imo but that's just me.
how do you get the overall and where did you get the site for that

White KB

Premium Member
WCA
2019BRUC01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
how do you get the overall and where did you get the site for that
You get the overall by taking

((3x3 WR average)/(your 3x3 PR average)+(2x2 WR average)/(your 2x2 PR average)+(4x4 WR average)/(your 4x4 PR average)+(5x5 WR average)/(your 5x5 PR average)+(6x6 WR average)/(your 6x6 PR average)+(7x7 WR average)/(your 7x7 PR average)+(maximum of {(FMC WR single)/(your FMC PR single),(FMC WR average)/(your FMC PR average)})+(maximum of {(3BLD WR single)/(your 3BLD PR single),(3BLD WR average)/(your 3BLD PR average)})+(3x3 OH WR average)/(your 3x3 OH PR average)+(Clock WR average)/(your Clock PR average)+(Megaminx WR average)/(your Megaminx PR average)+(Pyraminx WR average)/(your Pyraminx PR average)+(Skewb WR average)/(your Skewb PR average)+(Square-1 WR average)/(your Square-1 PR average)+(maximum of {(4BLD WR single)/(your 4BLD PR single),(4BLD WR average)/(your 4BLD PR average)})+(maximum of {(5BLD WR single)/(your 5BLD PR single),(5BLD WR average)/(your 5BLD PR average)})+(WR Multi-Blind Points)/(your PR Multi-Blind Points))/17*100

and use 0 for every event that you don't have results in (or that you don't have an average in, as the case may be). Here's a good spreadsheet to use if you're confused: Kinch Sheet (You'll need to make a copy, which you can do by clicking File > Make a copy.)

Also, a good thing to note is that Multi-Blind points are calculated by taking the number of solved cubes minus the number of unsolved cubes. E.g. 2/2 is 2 points, 8/10 is 6 points, 62/65 is 59 points, etc.

Here's the link to the Kinch list I was talking about: https://wca.cuber.pro/kinch/persons

Last edited:

NONOGamer12

YouTube
Visit Channel
You get the overall by taking

((3x3 WR average)/(your 3x3 PR average)+(2x2 WR average)/(your 2x2 PR average)+(4x4 WR average)/(your 4x4 PR average)+(5x5 WR average)/(your 5x5 PR average)+(6x6 WR average)/(your 6x6 PR average)+(7x7 WR average)/(your 7x7 PR average)+(maximum of {(FMC WR single)/(your FMC PR single),(FMC WR average)/(your FMC PR average)})+(maximum of {(3BLD WR single)/(your 3BLD PR single),(3BLD WR average)/(your 3BLD PR average)})+(3x3 OH WR average)/(your 3x3 OH PR average)+(Clock WR average)/(your Clock PR average)+(Megaminx WR average)/(your Megaminx PR average)+(Pyraminx WR average)/(your Pyraminx PR average)+(Skewb WR average)/(your Skewb PR average)+(Square-1 WR average)/(your Square-1 PR average)+(maximum of {(4BLD WR single)/(your 4BLD PR single),(4BLD WR average)/(your 4BLD PR average)})+(maximum of {(5BLD WR single)/(your 5BLD PR single),(5BLD WR average)/(your 5BLD PR average)})+(WR Multi-Blind Points)/(your PR Multi-Blind Points))/17*100

and use 0 for every event that you don't have results in (or that you don't have an average in, as the case may be). Here's a good spreadsheet to use if you're confused: Kinch Sheet (You'll need to make a copy, which you can do by clicking File > Make a copy.)

Also, a good thing to note is that Multi-Blind points are calculated by taking the number of solved cubes minus the number of unsolved cubes. E.g. 2/2 is 2 points, 8/10 is 6 points, 62/65 is 59 points, etc.

Here's the link to the Kinch list I was talking about: https://wca.cuber.pro/kinch/persons
ok thank you
if you add tymon i'll vote for him. not only because of his speed but because of his reactions.
Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!! lol reactions

OldSwiss

But Ruihang is not color neutral. As fas as I see he is good for single times but not averages ;)
And even in the single list Tymon and Max are in front of him