• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Where to buy light sweet crude oil?

Whyusosrs?

Imma doin my science project on the best way to remove crude oil from salt water (I live in Gulf Coast of Florida, so the project should interest many people and be an instant winner). But I've run into a small problem. I can't find anywhere where I can buy like 20 liters of light sweet crude oil. Yes, I've done a google search. I've searched around on almost every search engine I know of and the most hopeful sights I've found sell only very small amounts in "sample" sizes that I think are for science classes. Such as this site http://www.onta.com/id10.html but it only sells it in 4 ML bottles which is way too small for what I need. So tomorrow I think I will call up BP and ask them if can buy some, 'eh?

speedcubin'

Last edited:

Whyusosrs?

Yep, I've already planned to use both of those, but I can't do it accurately without crude oil. I'm thinking used motor oil has most of the same properties as crude oil and is very easy to get in large quantities.

Tyson

WCA
2004MAOT02
I read the subject of this and thought... holy crap, what's this guy trying to do? You can buy light sweet crude oil for future delivery on the CME, but it comes in packages of 1,000 barrels.