• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What to buy next?

PEZenfuego

Hello. Ever since the 4th grade I have been challenging myself. I started off with a standard 3X3 and with a lot of persistence, by the end of my 4th grade year I could solve it in about half an hour. When summer was over, I got my time down to 3 minutes. To this day I have it down to a minute. Anyway, after I figured out how to solve that, I got a Rubik's Revenge as my next challenge. That proved to be hard, but once I decided to solve the insides first one day, it became fairly easy. Then I got a square one...took me a good week. After that I moved up to the professor's cube (not too bad, but very intimidating). After that I advanced to an alexander's star. This puzzle I had for years and there was no way I was going to solve it, it was a headache. Well at the beginning of the summer, I really buckled down and figured this one out. So a few days ago I bought a megaminx. This puzzle seemed hard, but with the knowledge gained by the standard cube and the algorithms that I painstakingly figured out from the star, this only took me one day to solve. Now only a few days later, I can solve this in well under 10 minutes. So my question to you is this...

What do I buy next?

WCA
2009DAVI01
@LNZ why would you suggest V7 if he doesn't even have 5x5 or v6 ? -_-
but i think you should probably get a mastermorphix,or pyraminx,i hear both are fun,i don't own either one,but my mastermorphix is in the mail, :D or perhaps make some mods ? a siamese cube is very fun,not hard to learn,but it's very fun.

edit: and it's easy to make,and cheap to make :p

Last edited:

PEZenfuego

Professor's cube=5X5, I do have one. Yes, I am a noob and honestly don't care. This isn't even my main hobby, I am a very good marine hobbyist.

Everyone else, thanks for the suggestions. I'm liking the idea of the v cube as well as the skewb. I think I'll throw in a rubik's magic as well but I doubt that will prove much of a challenge.

E

Ethan Rosen

Well it seems to me that you really enjoy solving puzzles, and you seem to be very good at it. I strongly recomend checking out the folliwing puzzles here:

1.4.1 (after 3.3.1)
3.2.1 (skewb)
3.2.7 (very intuitive)
3.4.2 (the best puzzle ever)

Some of these puzzles are fairly simple, but other ones provide a nice challenge that makes the eventual breakthrough so good. In my opinion, the controls are a bit hard to get used to, but pretty easy after that.

PEZenfuego

I love it. I just solved the 6X6 and once you get used to the controls, it isn't too hard. Thanks for the link!