• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What to buy next?

WCA
2009DAVI01
@Stefen
wait wait wait,stefen were you calling me a noob ? or PEZ ? i'm just not familiar with the rubik's professer,i'm used to hearing 5x5,or v-cube 5 >_> and i am not a noob,but im not master either (lol)

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Professor's cube=5X5, I do have one. Yes, I am a noob and honestly don't care.
You misunderstood. I know professor=5X5. You're not the noob, ProfilesRubiks is (for acting snotty towards LNZ when in reality it's himself who doesn't know what he's talking about). You get my utmost respect for solving those puzzles on your own (if I understood that correctly).

tony fischers colden cube
Ah right, forgot that one. Good suggestion. I tried to think of puzzles "different" from the usual ones and only came up with astrolabacus which is really hard to get. But the golden cube is still available from mefferts.com.

Holy **** I just saw one astrolabacus recently sold for $665:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330325845917

Last edited:
WCA
2009DAVI01
@stefen
seriously,all i did was skimmed over the paragraph,i'm not familiar with professor cube=5x5,as i said in my last post,so i am not a noob,i am just a victim of not reading over a huge paragraph.and how was a i snotty ? all i was stating was that why skip over 5 to 7,to me that's like singing the alphabet like : a b c e f g :p

edit:actually i am familiar with "professor cube" i just didn't see it,oh,and i think it's rather "snotty" to call someone a noob,honestly.this is the begginers section,wso what do you expect? >__>

Last edited:

calekewbs

WCA
2011PUGH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I agree that the golden cube would be a good challenge for you. Buuuuuuut it's in the skewb family and can be EXTREMELY confusing if you don't understand how it works. I'd recommend getting a skewb first, and then skipping the skewb ultimate and going up to the golden cube. Just so you kind of understand how it works. I did that and the golden cube was still a really tough challenge for me.

I also figured out the skewb myself, the pyraminx (not that big of an acheivement though), the square-1, 2x2x3, megaminx, mstermorphix, bump cube, came up with my own 3x3 method, and various other cubes I can't think of.

PEZenfuego

I would be perfectly fine going to a v-7. I did the internet solve for the 6X6 and even though it took me several hours (that thing was hard to move is all), I solved it with no problems. So...a v-7 would be cooler and since I technically solved the 6X6, would be fine.

Right now I'm working on a fisher cube, then I'll probably get a v-7.

Thanks guys.