• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What method do you use? (poll)

What 3x3 method do you use?

• Total voters

Litz

So when you say that you use Roux, you're spamming all over the place, but when you say you use CFOP, that's not a problem. People in both camps are equally guilty of any crime you wish to attribute to Roux users.
I disagree with this, assuming we're talking about the same thing.

Why just joking? People are doing what you said. Using a certain method doesn't make you 'cool'.
But I agree with this.

It always felt to me like most people who switched to Roux recently did it because everyone used CFOP and they wanted to be different. And I do believe they think they're "cool" just because they use Roux (most of the people I'm talking about even added things like "Roux user" to their signatures, which they never did with any other method). This is much better now as more people are converting to Roux so it's not so different anymore. I'm sure CFOP users were the same when the main method was LBL and CFOP was the different, "cool" method!

Dacuba

I make 5 sides then the last one.

ok that wasn't funny. I make CFOP, because if you want to continue after LBL, CFOP is thrown at you from all sides. Will try out Roux some time.

A Leman

I am never dedicated to a certain method and normally stick to a method for a few months before switching. I like learning how methods work and voted for Heise since that is what I have been using for months. Someone needed to support Heise. It really is a great method once you can understand it.

Cool Frog

I never switched to Roux, there was just the point where I became faster when I solved with roux than my old method. I use whatever method I feel like using at the moment, and whichever one I have the most fun doing. I have learned significantly more algorithms that are not roux oriented then algorithms that are. It just seems that new roux users have that period where they are all "LOOK AT ME I USE ROUX". The most attention whoring I saw from roux users would have to be US nationals 2011 where some kid yelled out something along the lines of "Raise your hand if you use roux! YEAH!!" It's silly ****.

JonnyWhoopes

Premium Member
WCA
2011GRAY02
YouTube
Visit Channel
[snip] I use whatever method I feel like using at the moment, and whichever one I have the most fun doing. I have learned significantly more algorithms that are not roux oriented then algorithms that are. [snip]

This, many times over. While I'm fastest when I solve with Roux, I don't even spend the majority of my time solving Roux. That might be time that I could be using getting faster at my "main" method, but that would just feel like a chore. I could (and do) spend my time learning more about the cube itself rather than learning how to fit the cube into a set solving pattern. I have far more fun and learn a lot more this way than just sticking to and bragging about my fastest method.

Smiles

YouTube
Visit Channel
CFOP because I started with LBL and just went advanced on that before I even knew Roux and ZZ existed. By the time I read about them, I was already sub 25 with all the PLLs are some OLLs, and I didn't want to have to learn new things.

Plus I don't like table abuse so if I were to use Roux, I'd have to change method for OH.

Ross The Boss

WCA
2012SVEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I use Roux. i am working on a little something i made up where i build the f2l by inserting the f2l pair and the B layer edge simultaneously. i get about 30 35-40 second average on that, but i just came up with it on friday so i'll probably get faster.