• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Poll: Best OH method

Best OH method?

• Total voters

LBr

I want to switch OH methods, and have put up a few options, only suggest a different method unless you have a very good reason

top 3 OH methods in my opinion are Roux, Nautilus, and ZZ
I almost agree with you but I think I'd add YruRU. I don't know which one I'd kick out though. Definitely not Roux Fahmi Aulia Rachman is amazingly fast with it. Nautilus would be similar to Roux but I think if using the L5E variant that step is slightly better than LSE. ZZ is good but I think I'd put YruRU over it since 2gen LL is better than RUF and it's not always best to switch between L and R.

There's no way CFOP is the best for OH @TheEpicCuber. even with OH efficiency it can't compare to the low move count of Roux and Nautilus and the ergonomics of YruRU and the OH improvement of ZZ.

Low movecount is not good if you have to use M Moves.
If you use ZZ, even if you COLL for OCLL, then you have the same chance for a pll skip as you do a H-Perm.
And for Roux, unless you are good with the table guided M Moves, then roux is going to be trouble for some.
1. Dude. Have you even seen Fahmi? Yes low movecount is good if you have to use M moves. Are you implying U-perms are horrible? Or Roux and Nautilus in general?

2. Why in the world are you talking about skips in ZZ? ZZ has a higher skip chance than CFOP so by that logic CFOP is bad. I don't know what point you're trying to make there because it doesn't back up your claim at all. Even if you don't get a PLL skip when using ZBLL a EPLL is still better than an R-perm. Also, F2L is much better you can implement much more blockbuilding into it.

3. That's why you practice. That's like saying "If you have to focus more on recognition and muscle memory more algs full PLL isn't going to help you." Sure not everyone is going to be good. That's why we have ZZ and YruRU as contenders.

All you do here is attack other methods (but leave out YruRU and Nautilus hmm...) while providing incredibly weak arguments with nothing to back up your claim. Those "cons" are nothing compared to CFOP and I don't really see the logic of saying that.

UNO_FASY

As someone who have used CFOP for a while and currently main roux.
I can say RU gen is naturally easier, but what makes MU can stand to toe with RU (comparing it with 2gll make the most sense ig) is that MU are usually shorter and M2>R2.
I always find M2 incredibly easy and combining with eido definitely need some practice but it's still quite easy, while R2 is already a rare fingertrick that people do, and even more rare combined with eido (goodluck combining it with Doubleflick U2).