• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What method do you use? (poll)

What 3x3 method do you use?

• Total voters

rubikmaster

WCA
2011JANE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Wow, interesting poll results. The number of Roux users is definitely increasing more and more each day. I use CFOP but I'm kinda, sorta, in the process of switching to Roux. :p I think that in a few years the percentage of Roux users and CFOP users will be about even. I don't think Roux will take over though, because a lot of people will still prefer a method like CFOP since it's not so intuitive, you just need to learn the algorithms and that's it, almsot no thinking involved. People will always find CFOP easier and that is probably the only reason why everybody won't switch to Roux. IMO, Roux is defnitely the best, it's fun, it's intuitive and come on, who doesn't like M slices? :D I will be switching to Roux as soon as possible.

Last edited:

Ickathu

WCA
2011MERT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
there are like 6 times as many cfopers as rouxers :(
Roux cause it's more different/less repetetive. And MOOOOOO is fun. I like cows. I like the intuitiveness of it, though I'm slower with it than CFOP. It's just more exciting.

F perm

There are twelve times more cfopers as zzers :(

Yeah, I've been watching this thread for the past few days, ZZ has stayed at about 6% throughout, but Roux started out with much less, <10%, iirc. Wonder if Rouxers are shy to vote?

EDIT: 100th post! Didn't even notice at first. Probably should have made it more worthwhile. Whatever. 100 isn't even that big :)

Ickathu

WCA
2011MERT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah, I've been watching this thread for the past few days, ZZ has stayed at about 6% throughout, but Roux started out with much less, <10%, iirc. Wonder if Rouxers are shy to vote?

EDIT: 100th post! Didn't even notice at first. Probably should have made it more worthwhile. Whatever. 100 isn't even that big :)

Yeah, roux is actually closer to 1/4 of CFOP now. I HOPE THE ROUXERS ARE VOTING! We're too cool to not vote. ;)

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
All the roux people spamming it all over the place... "we are the cool kids, we use Roux"

;)

So when you say that you use Roux, you're spamming all over the place, but when you say you use CFOP, that's not a problem. People in both camps are equally guilty of any crime you wish to attribute to Roux users.

pkvk9122

Im using CFOP. I think that CFOP is alot more popular because when I searched up speedcubing, it was practically filled with CFOP. Of course that was a while ago, not really sure now, but I learnt from Macky's website. I dont think they have roux. Learning ZZ because i feel it has more potential than CFOP, however, since i'm still faster at that I guess ill go with CFOP for the poll... :D