• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] What is a quiet 3x3 cube?

Blacksworn

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a quiet 3x3 cube (so I don't annoy people! ;)). I'm looking at either a Fangshi, Shengshou, Dayan, Moyu or Gans cube.
Out of all of these, which is the quietest?

Thanks!
Blacksworn :)

stoic

Premium Member
WCA
2013DEAR01
Yes I have a couple.
It's not the absolute fastest cube (see: any of the others you mention), but I do like it actually. I was cubing with one last night. It has a nice smoothness about it.
A very solid speedcube.

Ingo

The quietest 3x3 cube that i own is a Cyclone Boys FeiHong, lubed with a bit of diff oil. Unfortunately this cube is only
available in white plastic and only a few stores sell them. But it is a good cube, cheap, very smooth and with medium speed.
I mainly used it in public transport because of its quietness. Other cubes which are also relatively quiet are Shengshou Wind,
YongJun GuanLong (with lube) and Dayan Lunhui. But these cubes are only quiet if you don't cut corners too much,
otherwise the snapping of the pieces can get quite loud.

WCA
2016BOUC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I will say the Aurora. I own that but not wind. It is very buttery smooth, and quiet. The quietest one I have is a 42mm Zhanchi. It's not something I would use at a tournament, but for public it works great.

Saltatempo

SS Wind is very quiet but it lockups a bit, and when it happens it makes a loud snappy sound! Aurora is faster than the wind but sounds louder... I suggest the YJ guanlong! It's cheap, very good and very quiet! I use it a lot on the train every day XD

OkinawaSolver

I have a major problem of people complaining how loud my zhanchi is.

Last edited:
WCA
2016BOUC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have a major problem of people complaining how loud my zhanchi is?

The Zhanchi is already pretty quiet compared to many other cubes. My mini Aolong is probably my quietest cube (I'm guessing due to the cube itself coupled with the smaller pieces and lube). When I am around people who I think might be annoyed I practice slow turns and try to come up with different ways to solve F2L cases in the process. It's quieter and beneficial.

OkinawaSolver

The Zhanchi is already pretty quiet compared to many other cubes. My mini Aolong is probably my quietest cube (I'm guessing due to the cube itself coupled with the smaller pieces and lube). When I am around people who I think might be annoyed I practice slow turns and try to come up with different ways to solve F2L cases in the process. It's quieter and beneficial.

Ah ok thanks for the tips I've been kicked out rooms because my cube is so loud. can't buy lube online at the moment and don't know where to buy it elsewhere. : /

King Mike

I lubed my stickerless Dayan Zanchi with vaseline....in fact, I over lubed it.
It made it super smooth and noiseless.

I don't see the problem with vaseline, its the 4th month with it and its fine.....
All that went wrong is corner cutting went down a little.

Its a pain when it pops tho....all the stuff gets on my hands :(

WCA
2014ATTI01
I lubed my stickerless Dayan Zanchi with vaseline....in fact, I over lubed it.
It made it super smooth and noiseless.

I don't see the problem with vaseline, its the 4th month with it and its fine.....
All that went wrong is corner cutting went down a little.

Its a pain when it pops tho....all the stuff gets on my hands :(

Vasaline petroleum jelly will mess up your cube by eating out the plastic and or gumming permanently your internals I suggest $5 bottle of Traxxas 50k from the cubicle, it lasts me over a year