• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What do you think of gan?

• A total waste of money

• Gan forever!

• Good and innovative, but too much money for the average cuber

Results are only viewable after voting.

GAN 356 X

Cubers seem to either love gan cubes, or absolutely hate them. I know there's people who don't mind them, but I think to would be cool to see a general divide of what most of the cubing community thinks. If many of the comments request something in the middle, I will add it

Hazel

Premium Member
Good and innovative, but too much money for the average cuber to be willing to spend, and arguably overpriced overall.

Reizii_

WCA
2019LAWS01
I'm conflicted. I hate that Gan overprices their cubes to the point that they do for cubes that are the same quality as flagships that are half their price, but I have to say, I like the 354 M and plan to get one eventually. I've heard people talk a lot of crap about it but after trying one at a comp I don't understand where they're coming from.

xyzzy

I'm still confused about why they recalled Cornelius. Could someone explain?
Probably because he dared to speak up about Taiwan and Hong Kong (if you've been paying attention to international news at all, their relationships with mainland China are Very Complicated). Really bad look for Gan to ditch someone over irrelevant politics imo.

(I'd say to boycott them, but I already don't own any Gan cubes because of how expensive they are, lol.)

Zeke Mackay

WCA
2015MACK06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Probably because he dared to speak up about Taiwan and Hong Kong (if you've been paying attention to international news at all, their relationships with mainland China are Very Complicated). Really bad look for Gan to ditch someone over irrelevant politics imo.

(I'd say to boycott them, but I already don't own any Gan cubes because of how expensive they are, lol.)
What's also important is Cornelius is a journalist by profession and this was based off a private Facebook post.

GAN 356 X

I love the feel and customisation of their cubes but with their high prices and recent unsponsoring of Cornelius Dieckman, especially over something like politics. Seeing as most cube brands are based in China, I think they would probably do a similar thing to be honest. Gan probably didn't want the Chinese government to sue them for not standing up for China. I don't know though. I know nothing about politics or law, so take what I said as what you will.

Nilsibert

WCA
2014FREY01
YouTube
Visit Channel
As I stopped cubing in 2016 and only got back into it recently, my opinion is probably biased or misinformed as I have no other recent cubes to compare with. I bought an angstrom 356x and sure, the price is a bit questionable compared to the competing options. But I love it! For me because of the country I live in, it's not too much money to spend in general so it didn't matter much.
But yeah I really really like it :)