• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What cubers you admire

cmhardw

Premium Member
WCA
2003HARD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I admire Dan Knights, Lars Petrus, Jessica Fridrich, Mirek Goljan, Guus Schultz, Frank Morris, Richard Patterson, Ron van Bruchem, Tyson Mao, Stefan Pochmann, Richard Carr and many others too. It's always hard to name drop for me as I don't want to leave anyone out, but those are some of the cubers who I admire very much.

From the more modern cubers I admire Breandan Vallance, Andrew Kang, Yu Nakajima, Feliks Zemdegs, Mats Valk, Marcell Endrey, Oliver Frost, Marcin Kowalczyk, Marcin Zalewski, and still others.

Renslay

WCA
2005HANT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Stefan Pochmann. He taught me many things, including BLD (due to his site), parity for Square-1 (in person), and fingertricks (also in person). He has also a great knowledge for cubing and a sharp tongue on the forum!
Lars Petrus for introducing me speedcubing through his site.
Alexander Lau, Marcell Endrey, Milán Baticz, and István Kocza for their skills.
Olivér Nagy for his enthusiasm for cube collections. :)

Lazy Einstein

Alg Ninja
Earth, Solar system, Orion Spur, Milky Way
Feliks Zemdegs, Kevin Hays, Antoine Cantin, Sarah Strong(セラ 愛莉), Drew Brads, Chris Olson, Michal Pleskowicz, Noah Arthurs, Marcin Kowalczyk, Phil Yu
Rowe Hessler, Rami Sbahi, Bingliang Li (李炳良), Yu Nakajima (中島悠), Bob Burton, Bad Mephisto , Sameer Mahmood, Bill Wang, Oscar Roth Andersen.

All these people have helped, motivated, and inspired me in cubing; one way or another.

Last edited:

Baku

I vote Phil Yu (asmallkitten) for his impressive series on the ZZ method and his sexy turning style (that I want).

Erik

WCA
2005AKKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Guus Razoux Schultz for his cubing knowledge (FMC and others), and achievements.
Joel van Noort for inspiring and his smooth smooth turning style and fingertricks (plus the fact he is still the only Dutch cuber to win EC or WC... Guus, Mats and me are still failing at that :D)
Stefan Pochmann for the many methods he invented and former Megaminx-boss.
Chris Hardwick for being the BLD pioneer he is.
Frank Morris for inspiring me for big cubes.

teller

REAL Fingertricks!
WCA
2010COAT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm not going to post an exhaustive list...I'll forget someone and feel like I've snubbed them. I want to focus on the "modern" era:

Andrej Karpathy aka Badmephisto: You brought me into the 21st century quickly by being the best teacher.

Stefan Pochmann: BLD is commonplace now, but I continue to be blown away by what you did. Just brilliant. Ingenious.

Rowan Kinneavy: The thinking man's cuber. The go-to guy for people who want deeper advice than "just practice."

Noah Arthurs: You solved the team channel puzzle. I don't think people realize how huge that is. You're a boss!

Antoine Cantin: You're leading the way with OH. Pleskowicz might be scary, but you actually helped me by sharing.

Cubing forever.

Last edited: