• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Was your competition canceled because of the Coronavirus?

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think it is over 10 people in the entire U.S.
There is no set policy for the US. The federal government can make recommendations but can't ban gatherings because of the First Amendment. Various states have issued orders, with 10 being the most common limit, but they aren't exactly enforcing them. That's because of two things: 1) they don't want the negative publicity of arresting people simply for gathering together and; 2) they are afraid of the inevitable legal challenges (on First Amendment grounds) that would follow if they do arrest people.

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
There is no set policy for the US. The federal government can make recommendations but can't ban gatherings because of the First Amendment. Various states have issued orders, with 10 being the most common limit, but they aren't exactly enforcing them. That's because of two things: 1) they don't want the negative publicity of arresting people simply for gathering together and; 2) they are afraid of the inevitable legal challenges (on First Amendment grounds) that would follow if they do arrest people.
Yes, anything that they say is a recommendation, not a law.

alexiscubing

WCA
2018HIRS04
YouTube
Visit Channel
I could've gone to Canberra Classic, but it got cancelled. In Sydney, only schools with confirmed cases are closed and also, no more than 100 people can be in the same room, so it removes all the camps and excursions while school is going ahead as normal, and still encourages students to attend school if they are not sick.
Yeah our music camp got cancelled rip
All assemblies and year meetings have been cancelled do out school starts late on fridays. Also sport is cancelled

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
True'ish...But if people actually cared for others then themselves in a time like this and thought of the better good (which sadly many people do not) then this would not even be necessary to consider. And if it came to it, I do not think certain people would care about the "negative publicity" if what they are enforcing is for the whole of he USA and good and more often then not, they have to do it since those people that blow off warnings are acting childlike and an "adult" has to step in.

WCA
2017BRYA06
YouTube
Visit Channel
For anyone interested!
This is organized by cubingusa btw and they said they’ll probably do more comps!

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
For anyone interested!
This is organized by cubingusa btw and they said they’ll probably do more comps!
Oh wow, that’s nice. I might compete depending on timezones.

Edit:Yeah I will, it’s only 4 hours behind.