• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Upcoming puzzles

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'll send them an email.

Edit:
View attachment 16279

Is this good?
I thought this was a joke about the spelling of "Kube" in the product name, but I just realized that it says they not the. Interesting how our brain can automatically fix spelling errors like that without us even knowing

SH03L4C3

The orange centerpiece from your main 3x3
Well maybe it's good I haven't ordered any puzzles in 7 months! The CH X-man Tornado V2M looks awesome.

View attachment 16277

GRRR...(They HeyKube)
I have noticed a BUNCH of such mistakes on many products. For example, the rs3m+ magnet kit description says the wrong number of magnets included.

Last edited:

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is it even WCA legal?
Yes, At least it should be. 3j is the only reg I can think of that might dq it but thats a stretch

3j) Puzzles must be clean, and must not have any markings, elevated pieces, damage, or other differences that significantly distinguish any piece from a similar piece. Exception: a logo (see Regulation 3l).

The depression of the center cap doesn't distinguish it from the other center caps, since they are all identical based on regulation 3j2

3j2) Definition: Two pieces are similar to each other if they are identical in shape and size, or mirrored in shape and identical in size.

So yes, it's legal, it would be stupid if YJ made a cube you cant even use anyway.

SH03L4C3

Is it even WCA legal?
Considering that the Diansheng is WCA legal, this most likely is too
I actually like the idea, it’s gonna make the cubes feel smaller and potentially improve grip like a concave center would
Yeah, Cyoubx tried this on one of his livestreams a while back and he said inverted center caps feel better

It wouldn’t be legal anyway, because it’s a smart cube, right?
No, its not. That was just a rumor that got busted.

xyzzy

oh god this looks like the tengyun center caps being slightly not flush but 10x worse
I have been using a Tengyun v1 for two years and I have never noticed this.

(tbh I'm still not noticing it and I hope I never will)

Also my 777 main is an Wuji with some of the centre caps removed (the pieces underneath are still coloured), so it's sort of like this. I did once email a delegate asking if it was comp legal, but it was the night before the competition and I don't think he saw it in time. (At the comp itself, I put all the caps back on, but he ruled it illegal anyway for a different reason.)

SH03L4C3

View attachment 16322

Speed cube shop now has the gan 11 air and air m.

to many gan cubes for pretty much the same thing I'll still buy it though
Wow my prediction from long ago was actually right

Zain_A24

YouTube
Visit Channel
Wow my prediction from long ago was actually right

Yeah the news/rumours have been around for quite a while but the cubes wont come out until August so more waiting I guess.