• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Upcoming puzzles

Doctor Hedron

YouTube
Visit Channel
To whom it may concern, MF8 are finally releasing the Sun Jumblix to complete the full set of possible configurations:

HsbE92Zh.jpg
EhZLBg3h.jpg

wAFpBJXh.jpg

WCA
2018BRUM01
I know that speedcubestore.co.uk is known to scam, but before I knew that they often scammed people, I ordered from there and my cubes actually came. The prices on this site, are typically pretty similar if not the same an stores like the cubicle. I do not recommend that you buy this here because I guess this site has scamed people. I would wait for it to come out on a trusted website before you try and buy it but really gan... $105

https://www.speedcubestore.co.uk/product/gan-robot/

AbsoRuud

WCA
2019POLL04
YouTube
Visit Channel
It's technicaly not a scam site. It's astore, they sell cubes, they deliver cubes, and that's it.

The 'scam' is that they are not from the UK. They are Chinese. You could consider that a scam if you order from them as a European and end up paying import taxes since your package comes from China.

Doctor Hedron

YouTube
Visit Channel
The 'scam' is that they are not from the UK. They are Chinese. You could consider that a scam if you order from them as a European and end up paying import taxes since your package comes from China.

To be fair, they state that clearly in their FAQ:
4. Where is my order shipped from?

We airmail directly from Hong Kong, China. You are able to enjoy such low prices and even worldwide free shipping because we take advantage of the lower operating costs (in warehousing and logistics) and we bypass the middlemen.

They are either a Chinese company that "tries to pass" for a UK one (by using pounds and a .uk domain name), or a European / UK company that uses drop shipping. Neither is illegal. They don't actually claim to do / be anything that they aren't; if you as a customer "expect" that your order will come from a UK address, that's on you and you should have read their FAQ/TOS. But yes, it is misleading of course.

AbsoRuud

WCA
2019POLL04
YouTube
Visit Channel
To be fair, they state that clearly in their FAQ:

They are either a Chinese company that "tries to pass" for a UK one (by using pounds and a .uk domain name), or a European / UK company that uses drop shipping. Neither is illegal. They don't actually claim to do / be anything that they aren't; if you as a customer "expect" that your order will come from a UK address, that's on you and you should have read their FAQ/TOS. But yes, it is misleading of course.
That's why I put scam in quotation marks because it's not really a scam. It's just... well what you said. :)

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
It's more than that. There are multiple reports from people saying they didn't receive their order with no customer service help.

The fact that their site was intentionally created to be misleading - copying the look, layout, and name of SCS and with a URL to hide their true location - makes them look super shady. If you're NOT shady, why act that way?

xyzzy

copying the look, layout, and name of SCS and with a URL to hide their true location
You got two out of those four correct. The look and layout seem to be essentially standard for any web store using Shopify, and last I remembered, it wasn't especially similar to SCS. (This is the crucial thing! If both the "impostor" SCS and the American SCS had vaguely similar layouts to every Shopify web store, does it even make sense to say that the "impostor" SCS was trying to mimic the more well-known one?)

For the record, I agree that they are shady, but half of your stated "reasons" simply aren't.

xyzzy

Keep in mind that the impostor has changed their web site since their debut. The original site was absolutely identical to the SCS site at the time. All four of the reasons I started are correct.
When someone calls you out, the correct course of action is to check your facts, not to immediately double down. Of course you can double down if you really are right, but you're not and here's why:

This is what the impostor SCS site looked like. Compare with the real SCS, before their recent redesign. These are "absolutely identical"? They're similar, sure, but so are typical Shopify stores. Both SCS and the impostor use Shopify. They look similar. Conspiracy, or just a consequence of the fact that they both use Shopify? If anything, I'd say their layout is closer to The Cubicle's current website (also Shopify!) than to SCS's.

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
"Absolutely identical" is possibly overstating a bit. Basically identical is more like it. Are they similar to a standard shopify store? Dunno. But....based on the fact that they copied the store name, the URL, and tried to hide their location ANNNNND their layout/look very strongly resembled SCS, it's obvious they were copying SCS not just using some default layout they happened to select. C'mon.

Scam site, known to have ripped people off, with lots of shady tactics. C'mon.

WCA
2023FUKU01
Lefun Ghost Pyraminx, but actually a Ghost Skewb in the shape of a tetrahedron. Notice the presence of the other 4 corners (which don't exist on a regular pyraminx). Ghost Jing's Pyraminx then, if one is to be pedantic.

I hope this functions well; the FangCun Ghost Skewb (Tony Fisher's Golden Cube) didn't have torpedoes on the skewb centers and it popped literally on every solve, which is a lot of headache for a ghost skewb with all the orientation problems.

Also, to whom it may concern, the cube in the post quoted below turned out to be a LimCube Mini 6x6 indeed. 54.6 mm! I believe they have an old 3x3 and 2x2 at exactly this size.

Currently available at HKNowStore, soon at other stores too, I guess. Seems to be made only in stickerless, which honestly kind of sucks. I was hoping for a black-with-stickers to complete a certain sub-collection. Does anyone have experience with dying stickerless plastic into black? Will it be consistent, or am I better off obtaining a force cube (i.e. fully white) and dying that one?

Does the Ghost Jing's Pyraminx turn well?