• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Upcoming puzzles

xyzzy

Valk 5 M review / first impressions by 五尾 (Chinese):

Brief summary: Just out of the box, it's like an already-broken-in Wushuang M, but better. Inner layers are less sticky than the Wushuang. Same size and weight as a non-magnetic Wushuang. Magnets are on the lighter end.

Sion

I'm a little alarmed how fast news on the valk 5 came out.

the last time a puzzle was produced this fast (MGC II), it was an utter flop.

I hope this doesn't happen with this cube as well.

Sergey

The WR name doesn't make any sense here since the originals don't have ridges either...
Right now it's a rumors only. But look at the slogan: "The WR Era"... Seems like era cannot be without ridges... ;)
52504125_2044950282252588_4321662205666787328_n.jpg

Sergey

I'm a little alarmed how fast news on the valk 5 came out.

the last time a puzzle was produced this fast (MGC II), it was an utter flop.

I hope this doesn't happen with this cube as well.
QiYi needs to catch up MoYu on this. ;)

Sergey

Meilong 7x7 is released. 66 mm and 163 g! Is this the smallest 7x7 produced (in the speedcube market, anyway)?

Also, there exists this photo of the Meilong lineup, where it seems that the Meilong 8x8 will be a hair smaller. A 65 mm 8x8?!

MY-777-MeiLong-50.JPG

MY-777-MeiLong-52.JPG

MY-777-MeiLong-13.JPG
But don't be fooled, no magic, this line is cheap with all the consequences. I have 4x4 and 5x5. Assembling quality is quite good except of unequal tension of the 4x4 and extremly loose of the 5x5, but the plastic is hard and cheap, center caps of the 5x5 tends to fall out. IMHO.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
But don't be fooled, no magic, this line is cheap with all the consequences. I have 4x4 and 5x5. Assembling quality is quite good except of unequal tension of the 4x4 and extremly loose of the 5x5, but the plastic is hard and cheap, center caps of the 5x5 tends to fall out. IMHO.
I like hard plastic/fast puzzles that can be controlled by adding magnets.

Sergey

I like hard plastic/fast puzzles that can be controlled by adding magnets.
The plastic of the AoSu GTS2M is relatively hard too but feels more qualitative in hands. Putting magnets in the 4x4 looks reasonable, but it is time and money. IMHO.