• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The Warp Scale for Speedcubing

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I like the idea, but I don't like connecting it to the warp scale, since the whole point is that warp 1 is already unachievable with conventional means (whereas you can absolutely get sub-minute with a conventional method ;) ).

I had a scale based on bigcubes a while back... level N means you can solve an NxNxN in under N minutes. So everyone should be level 3, level 4 and 5 are people who are beginning to practice bigcubes, level 6 and 7 are trickier, level 8 is roughly world class on real cubes, and level 10 is roughly world class on computer cubes.

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I guess I should point out that if the point of this scale is "how many cubes can you solve in a minute", it only really makes sense to consider averages. A single of 6 seconds doesn't mean you could theoretically solve 10 cubes in a minute, but an average of 6 seconds would.

Kynit

All the runners out there should be vaguely familiar with this. Replace 'warp-n' with km/h (mph) and the times are now your minutes per km (mile)!