• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Let's propose Rubik's Cube for Time Warp

BlazingSlow

I think it will be interesting for everyone to watch in slow-motion a sub 10 seconds solve.

Or triggers @ 15 tps :D

Here is the
LINK

More posts means more chances.

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Darn, why did the guy have to write "algorithms" so people get confused? And why didn't he link to a good video so people could see what he's talking about? And why say "The current world record is like 7 seconds" making us look like sloppy unorganized folks?

shelley

chang
WCA
2004CHAN04
Patrick Jameson and I were both contacted for the show, but it fell through. Either they got someone else we don't know about or they decided not to do it.

DAE_JA_VOO

Nope, I'm not missing any point. Timewarp displays things that happen too fast for us to see using high FPS cameras. There's nothing that could happen while solving a rubik's cube that would be great enough to put on TV. Watching someone get punched or a skater doing a 360 flip is far more significant IMO.

Ellis

WCA
2008HALL02
Nope, I'm not missing any point. Timewarp displays things that happen too fast for us to see using high FPS cameras. There's nothing that could happen while solving a rubik's cube that would be great enough to put on TV. Watching someone get punched or a skater doing a 360 flip is far more significant IMO.

I thought the 360 flip was even kind of stupid to put on the show. There are so many far more entertaining things when you have a high speed camera. There's always interesting things to see when anything is slowed down to that speed, but I think with stuff like rubik's cubes or skateboarding, it's really only interesting to people that actually do those activities. I personally would love to see a cube solved or a fast algorithm slowed down that much, but it really is not TV worthy.

OOOH

Nobody can turn a cube with 10TPS exact the same as he would at 1TPS. So It would be different to see someone preforming a T-perm at 10TPS then just turning it at 1TPS. (sorry for my English, but i hope you get the point)

Harris Chan

WCA
2007CHAN07
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've seen a video of Tomy's 10.xx seconds solve in slow motion on youtube. I don't remember how many frames per second it was shot in, but it took minutes to finish. The point here was that there wasn't anything particularly surprising/fascinating about it.

Edit: here it is:

Last edited by a moderator: