• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The Tier list thread

Waffles

tierlist.png
Na Perm is slightly better than Nb Perm just because of the fact you can spam tps easily. F perm is regripless and H Perm is a nuisance. Z Perm and H Perm are overrated lol

ruffleduck

YouTube
Visit Channel
View attachment 16001
Na Perm is slightly better than Nb Perm just because of the fact you can spam tps easily. F perm is regripless and H Perm is a nuisance. Z Perm and H Perm are overrated lol
Z perm can be sub 0.8 and has great recognition and deserves B tier at least. H perm is overrated I agree but it's not as bad as F perm. H perm is still sub 0.70-able and has the best recognition out of all the PLL's. Also around B tier. And why is E perm in F tier? Seriously, people seem to complain about the recog too much. Yes, it's not as good as the others in terms of recog, but it's still not awful. And the alg is sub 0.75-able.

Waffles

Z perm can be sub 0.8 and has great recognition and deserves B tier at least. H perm is overrated I agree but it's not as bad as F perm. H perm is still sub 0.70-able and has the best recognition out of all the PLL's. Also around B tier. And why is E perm in F tier? Seriously, people seem to complain about the recog too much. Yes, it's not as good as the others in terms of recog, but it's still not awful. And the alg is sub 0.75-able.

I always mess up Z Perm. I kinda hate slice algs so that’s why they’re that low. With a bit of practise I could probably be better at execution but it would take ages.

E perm is my second fastest algorithm after A perm and a fairly good one (around 0.8) but the X rotation for both of them is pretty bad. The thing that makes E Perm worse is the fact that you have to hold it on a specific angle, which makes 2 bad things and 1 good.

The reason my favourite alg is A perm is because I can easily get sub 0.65 during a solve and the recognition is fairly good. Plus you can use wide moves to make the x rotation a little better.

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
Using math, I made a tier list of PLLs. This isn't taking into account recognition time, only solve time. It's based off of my fastest single, my average, and my STPS on every PLL. Obviously, it's different for everybody, but here's my list. They are also ranked from left to right, so for example, Jb is better than T.
Screenshot 2021-07-13 2.56.01 PM.png

And here are the events that I think are "best" (even though all of them have good things about them). Also, feet is only in F tier because it isn't an event anymore. I would rank it higher if it were still an event.
Screenshot 2021-07-13 3.06.47 PM.png