• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I made this thread for two reasons:

1. I don't want to make a whole new thread when all I want are a few tips.
2. It's annoying to see all the threads where people are just asking for critique.

Recommendation: If you post solves, you should also critique someone else if you have something good to say (proposed by Czery).

Anyway, post your solves in a video and enjoy.

Last edited:
WCA
2012CHIE01
lol noahaha. that works.
anyway, just yesterday I posted some solves and more feedback would be nice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJVuu5v79w4

Tips would be very welcome.
Sorry that it wanders off camera a little. This is my first time recording myself.

Stats:
Mean: 23.27
Standard deviation: 1.66
Best Time: 20.67
Worst Time: 25.12

Average of 5: 23.52
1. 25.12 L2 U B2 R2 B2 U L2 D2 U' L2 U2 R L2 F' R L B' D' L2 U F'
2. 20.67 D' F2 U' L2 U2 L2 U' F2 R2 F2 D F' U' R F' D L2 F2 U L' D2
3. 23.67 D2 B2 L2 B2 U R2 D' L2 F2 L2 U2 B U' R' D' R D' L D' L2 U'
4. 22.14 F2 U' R2 F2 D L2 B2 D2 L2 U F2 L F2 U2 F D F2 L2 U F2 R' U'
5. 24.75 U2 B2 U' L2 D2 B2 R2 D L2 B2 U2 B' R U F2 U' F' D U2 R2 F2 R'

Cube: stickerless Zhanchi

If a mod could delete that other thread or move it hear, that'd be great.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Great idea! :)
Stickied.

<3

@cubingawsumness, I stand by what I said yesterday. Turn faster.

Here are my solves:

Pretty good for me, but definitely room for improvement.

(20.062), 23.462, 22.495, (27.753), 20.873 = 22.277

Lost the scrambles sorry.

I sort of went into Fridrich on the 27. Didn't work out well.

EDIT: the first, second and fifth solves were all clockwise A-perm. weird.

Czery

WCA
2010QIUB01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Isn't there already the sub 11 thread?
I guess this is good for non sub 11 people...

lol noahaha. that works.
anyway, just yesterday I posted some solves and more feedback would be nice.

Learn full PLL. Work on F2L look-ahead. Do lots of PLL time attacks ( or something of the equivalent ).
Learn F2L. Learn double trigger. For U2 use the left index finger, followed with the left middle finger. (alternatively use right index then right middle)
Use it. Practice often.
Sorry for the generic advice.

Czery

WCA
2010QIUB01
YouTube
Visit Channel
New Rule Proposal.

To have someone else critique you you must first critique someones else.

This way, there's a balance between demand and supply.

Godmil

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
@Cubingawsumness, I stand by what I said yesterday. Turn faster.

Here are my solves:

I'm going to give you the contrary advice. Turn slower. That's petrus you're using right? After each of your sections you pause for 1+ seconds, if you were just a little slower in your turning speed you may be able to get rid of those pauses and be nicely sub-20.

Ickathu

WCA
2011MERT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't really see anyone that I can effectively critique, sorry.

Here's my PB average of 5 with Roux. Any tips? Now that I got a sub-20 single (my first roux sub 20 on camera!), I guess I'm switching to roux. I need advice though. This was a pretty good average for me. My breakdown looks to be about (FB, SB, C, E): 4-8-8-7 (I suck at alg execution, hence the 8 second corners). I think I'm pretty good at First block though.
\

Edit: Sorry it's blurry. I hope you guys can still see what I'm doing. My camera was being weird.

WCA
2012CHIE01
I'm going to give you the contrary advice. Turn slower. That's petrus you're using right? After each of your sections you pause for 1+ seconds, if you were just a little slower in your turning speed you may be able to get rid of those pauses and be nicely sub-20.

No. I'm just using normal fridrich (2 look OLL and 2 look PLL with a few extra), although my f2l is a little weird. I learned it a while ago here. I try to use normal intuitive F2L for some easy cases now, though. I'm just too used to that way (inserting the corner and then pairing the edge and then inserting the pair).

I think you two are saying that I should turn faster on OLL and PLL (algs) and slower on f2l to lookahead?

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
No. I'm just using normal fridrich (2 look OLL and 2 look PLL with a few extra), although my f2l is a little weird. I learned it a while ago here. I try to use normal intuitive F2L for some easy cases now, though. I'm just too used to that way (inserting the corner and then pairing the edge and then inserting the pair).

I think you two are saying that I should turn faster on OLL and PLL (algs) and slower on f2l to lookahead?

He was talking to me. I turn too fast.

Hunter

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello guys,

I am pretty new to this, and all of your solves look fast so I do not really have anything to say.

Here is my 3x3 solve if one of you would not mind giving feedback.

This is the second day with my new Zanchi - What an amazing cube compared to my Rubiks!
I used F2L, then OLL where I solve the cross first, then do the OLL algorithm. (Might be called 2-Look?) Then PLL.

Thank you in advance,

Hunter

aznanimedude

from waht i see, it looks like you do normal CFOP

my opinion from seeing that solve is you seem to take a bit of time to recognize the next F2L pair you're gonna do, which seems like the bulk of the time you can shave off your solve. For that i guess it's just a lot of playing around with the cube and practice to help with that.
when i was learning one good thing i read that was good was that after my cross, i would stop and look for the f2l pair i would do, then i would do my normal pair, and before i inserted it, i would stop and then look for the next pair i would do, and then insert the current one and pair the next one, and repeat until i was done with F2L. I found that helped me a lot in getting the idea of lookahead while i solved, and it also helped bring around the idea that slower actually makes faster sometimes when you do F2L, since it reduces the pauses you often make while you search for the next pair.

just my thoughts :), good luck