• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The Quest to sub-15 OH with YruRU

Cuberstache

WCA
2016DAVI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Got a bunch of PBs (see first post), most notably: an 11.73 single!! This beats my previous YruRU PB single by almost a second and gets close to beating my CFOP PB (11.15). It was a handscramble so unfortunately no reconstruction, but like my last PB, it was a 2GLL skip with no AUF o_O

Last edited:

Devagio

Been following your updates weekly; congratulations on the progress and PBs!
You’ve been using this for over two months now (plus you’re quite fast) you sure would have analysed yourself and your solves. Any general observations that you are/will be working on beyond the weekly goals you’ve been setting?

Also
This beast
F29473C5-A74D-4182-AF1C-1F7D9BB42200.jpeg
interesting XD

Cuberstache

WCA
2016DAVI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Been following your updates weekly; congratulations on the progress and PBs!
You’ve been using this for over two months now (plus you’re quite fast) you sure would have analysed yourself and your solves. Any general observations that you are/will be working on beyond the weekly goals you’ve been setting?
Thanks! I think pEO extension is the place where I can improve the most since it's so different from other methods. I think most importantly, realizing when DB is already solved without me having to do anything.

Cuberstache

WCA
2016DAVI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
the funny part is if you remove like 5 solves you blundered, you probably averaged sub-18 in the session
Exactly, I've noticed this before and it's why it took me so long to get sub-19. I should really study those solves to see what went wrong and address it because solves like that are ruining my global average.

trangium

WCA
2019TRAN10
Exactly, I've noticed this before and it's why it took me so long to get sub-19. I should really study those solves to see what went wrong and address it because solves like that are ruining my global average.
Great job on the sub-19 ao100! I saw a BrodyTheCuber video where one of the tips was if you got a solve that was above a certain cutoff (say 22 seconds), you have to do a certain amount of push-ups based on how many seconds you went over the cutoff, or another exercise that you don't like. Of course, you should also look at the recording of that solve to see where you need to practice more.

Cuberstache

WCA
2016DAVI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Great job on the sub-19 ao100! I saw a BrodyTheCuber video where one of the tips was if you got a solve that was above a certain cutoff (say 22 seconds), you have to do a certain amount of push-ups based on how many seconds you went over the cutoff, or another exercise that you don't like. Of course, you should also look at the recording of that solve to see where you need to practice more.
Haha, thanks, maybe I'll try that.

zzcuberman

So what is the skip chance for LL with this method? 72 2glls is it 1/73? Lol im sure im way off because of symmetry

Cuberstache

WCA
2016DAVI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Doesn't that make it invalid?
In my opinion, no. I scrambled thoroughly and without forcing good cases or avoiding bad ones. To me, it's just as valid as a random-state scramble. If you don't believe it, fine, I have a solve on video with a computer-generated scramble that's less than a second slower, so it doesn't matter that much.

Devagio

Is summer variation any good for 1 handed? 2 handed its kinda bad
It’s most likely bad. But some cases like R U’ R’ U’ R U’ R’ and R U2 R’ U R U2 R’ are really quick to recognise in OH, and execute both in OH and TH.
These two are the only ones I use apart from the standard insert.

brododragon

In my opinion, no. I scrambled thoroughly and without forcing good cases or avoiding bad ones. To me, it's just as valid as a random-state scramble. If you don't believe it, fine, I have a solve on video with a computer-generated scramble that's less than a second slower, so it doesn't matter that much.
Ok, I was just wondering. Quantity makes up for quality.

DNF_Cuber

What’s YruRu