• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] The "Is my progression good?" discussion thread

Skewb_Cube

I started learning roux on 22th august 202 and a few days ago i got a 15.56 single and 23.5 seconds average.

Is this a good progression?

It's pretty good, and also don't ask this kind of questions, because people progress and learn at their own pace so maybe someone that improves slower, could get demotivated by seeing your progress or you getting demotivated for hearing someone improve faster than you. So, just practice at your own pace, and take things easy. :D

White KB

Premium Member
WCA
2019BRUC01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
It's pretty good, and also don't ask this kind of questions, because people progress and learn at their own pace so maybe someone that improves slower, could get demotivated by seeing your progress or you getting demotivated for hearing someone improve faster than you. So, just practice at your own pace, and take things easy. :D
Yeh, I like to see how fast you're improving, even though I avg 26 w/ CFOP after 3 1/2 years of cubing. Lucky though, I figured out why (it's because I didn't practice enough). Plus it's nice to see another Roux user on the forums.

PCCuber

WCA
2022CEND01
I think so, I started at exactly that same time (a coincidence) and my PB is only 18.54, with ao100:25.82. Which cube do you use???
I still use Rubik's brand, so I'm proud nonetheless.

Humble Cuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
I think so, I started at exactly that same time (a coincidence) and my PB is only 18.54, with ao100:25.82. Which cube do you use???
I still use Rubik's brand, so I'm proud nonetheless.
I HIGHLY recommend switching from your Rubiks brand over to a good budget cube such as the rs3m2020, it will definitely help your improvent

Fox_

How long did it take yall to average average 25 seconds?
Ive been solving for about 2 months now and i average around 50 seconds,

How long did it take yall to average average 25 seconds?
Ive been solving for about 2 months now and i average around 50 seconds,
For me, it took 2 years. I took many breaks and didn't have much motivation for cubing, though. I found out about competitions in 2018 so that's when I started getting faster because I wanted to do good in them.

JJJAY

Hi, i've been wondering, am i fast as a 12 years old, i just turned 12

or is cubing timings not relatable to age

i think my progress goes like this
Time Line:
10.8 Years Old: (Sub 50)
11.0 Years Old: (Sub 45)
11.4 Years Old: (Sub 35)
11.7 Years Old: (Sub 24)
11.8 Years Old: (Sub 23)

am i very fast, fast, ok, slow as a 12 year old, cuz idk

~JJJAY

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ruihang Xu, the former 3x3 world record (5.48 ao5) holder is 12 years old.

Cubing doesn't necessarily scale with age as much as other physical sports like running or swimming, so don't worry about comparing yourself to others. Getting to ~20 seconds after about a year of cubing is a pretty typical progression; you seem to be on a good pace!

JJJAY

I couldn’t say. I started an actual interest in the Rubik’s cube at 13.14159265348979… years old.
To be honest, I believe cubing has nothing to do with age. I watched one video in particular on Brodys channel about an 8-9 year kid that could solve a 3x3 under 8 seconds.
watched that too

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi, i've been wondering, am i fast as a 12 years old, i just turned 12

or is cubing timings not relatable to age

i think my progress goes like this
Time Line:
10.8 Years Old: (Sub 50)
11.0 Years Old: (Sub 45)
11.4 Years Old: (Sub 35)
11.7 Years Old: (Sub 24)
11.8 Years Old: (Sub 23)

am i very fast, fast, ok, slow as a 12 year old, cuz idk

~JJJAY
I won't say you are fast, but your progress is good.

Keep cubing!