• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The DaYan ZhanChi at LighTake: quick look into the warehouse where cube is assembled

Eric79

YouTube
Visit Channel
It's all said in the video - or the videos description at youtube. For all those who where always wondering who is assembling their cubes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Eric79

YouTube
Visit Channel
@MrIndianTeen: Why the post of the video when I already posted it?

Does someone know how I can fix the typo in the thread title? Double clicking in the line on the video-thread doesn't do anything.

Last edited:

Zubon

This is why I always buy DIY kits and carefully assemble them myself.

Eric79

YouTube
Visit Channel
By "this" you mean because other people than you assemble them? Anything else wouldn't make any sense... because as Izovire said before: "This is what my table looks like most of the time :p My wife helps with assembling and stickers."

Last edited:

yockee

YouTube
Visit Channel
@MrIndianTeen: Why the post of the video when I already posted it?

Does someone know how I can fix the typo in the thread title? Double clicking in the line on the video-thread doesn't do anything.

I think he means because they have a bunch of kids assembling them, which don't really care about how straight the screws are, etc... Also, it's people at lightake assembling them, and they aren't cubers. I always thought it was the people at the factory assembling them!!!

Eric79

YouTube
Visit Channel
@Stefan: Merci!

@yockee: You should check my reply to your comment at the video as soon as possible! It is not "a bunch of kids" as you are assuming. But yes, they are non cubers as almost everywhere where cubes are sold and assembled, starting from a certain extent of sales.
Also, even if the cubes were assembled in the factory, neither there would everyone be a cuber. So it doesn't matter in the first place. Just order DIY-Kits instead.

Last edited:

yockee

YouTube
Visit Channel
@Stefan: Merci bis dortnaus!

@yockee: You chould check my reply to your comment at the video as soon as possible! It is not "a bunch of kids". But yes, they are non cubers as almost everywhere where cubes are sold and assembled, starting from a certain extent of sales. Also, even if the cubes were assembled in the factory, neither there would everyone be a cuber. So it doesn't matter in the first place. Just order DIY-Kits instead.

I always do order DIY kits when available. It sucks when the cube doesn't come as one, like type F's. I wish my Alpha CC was a DIY kit. I got the crooked screw curse again, and the core looks different than other Alpha cores. I don't know how interchangable it would be. Plus, I screwed up the only other Alpha core I had last night, when I tried screwing some pieces into it to check something, and screwed a couple of them in a little crooked. It's so hard to get them to screw in perfectly straight. It really is very noticable when screws are crooked even the slightest, and you wouldn't think it would be. I hate it. I wish they would just mold the cores with already threaded holes, so the screws would just screw in straight. Or maybe even line the inside of the holes with threaded metal, so there's no chance of the screw going crooked into the plastic.

Godmil

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Also, it's people at lightake assembling them, and they aren't cubers. I always thought it was the people at the factory assembling them!!!

1. How do you know they aren't cubers?
2. Why does it matter if they're cubers or not?
3. What difference would it make if they are employed by Lightake or Dayan?

Thanks for the pics, quite interesting... also I'm going to have to practice my pronunciation of ZhanChi :(

Last edited:

Eric79

YouTube
Visit Channel
I always do order DIY kits when available. It sucks when the cube doesn't come as one, like type F's. I wish my Alpha CC was a DIY kit. I got the crooked screw curse again, and the core looks different than other Alpha cores. I don't know how interchangable it would be. Plus, I screwed up the only other Alpha core I had last night, when I tried screwing some pieces into it to check something, and screwed a couple of them in a little crooked. It's so hard to get them to screw in perfectly straight. It really is very noticable when screws are crooked even the slightest, and you wouldn't think it would be. I hate it. I wish they would just mold the cores with already threaded holes, so the screws would just screw in straight. Or maybe even line the inside of the holes with threaded metal, so there's no chance of the screw going crooked into the plastic.
I know, we talked about all this several times before. I just have a problem with "children work" when it's not. Regarding a core with threads: you couldn't pay for them any more. Regarding a core, with metal lined holes: You mean thread bushings. Possible, but still more expansive. An practible solution would be different materials for cores and different screws/threads. That's all which is possible as long as it should be affordable.

yockee

YouTube
Visit Channel
1. How do you know they aren't cubers?
2. Why does it matter if they're cubers or not?
3. What difference would it make if they are employed by Lightake or Dayan?

Thanks for the pics, quite interesting... also I'm going to have to practice my pronunciation of ZhanChi :(

Well, I pretty much know they aren't cubers because:

1. I've seen the videos they make to show you the cubes, and they can't work a cube (they can't even turn a layer with an entire hand a lot of times)
and
2. because lightake isn't really a shop JUST for cubes. It's a shop that sells everything including cubes.
I mean, I guess there COULD be a cuber or two that work there, but really, it's not likely.

And the difference is: Lightake people aren't cubers, and Dayan people more likely, would be.

yockee

YouTube
Visit Channel
I know, we talked about all this several times before. I just have a problem with "children work" when it's not. Regarding a core with threads: you couldn't pay for them any more. Regarding a core, with metal lined holes: You mean thread bushings. Possible, but still more expansive. An practible solution would be different materials for cores and different screws/threads. That's all which is possible as long as it should be affordable.

I was only joking about the sweat shop remark, I thought you'd figure that out.... but they do look like kids in the picture! Or very small people.

Away

I hope there's no human trafficking involved or I'll be pissed.

Eric79

YouTube
Visit Channel
I was only joking about the sweat shop remark, I thought you'd figure that out.... but they do look like kids in the picture! Or very small people.
Nah, to be honest I didn't figure that out - and I actually don't think it is funny in this context since I knew it would lead to such comments:
I hope there's no human trafficking involved or I'll be pissed.
Furthermore people actually catched your comment and started discussing possible child work at lightake in other forums. So, I suggest removing it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

So once more, I highly recommend reading my reply to "xxoxias" comment beneath the video - if someone has thoughts regarding child work.