• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

just got the new DaYan ZhanChi Pro M 3x3 - Green

Kaiju_cube

it's ... it's really weird. It looks cool, and it's a nice light, pastel sort of green. Reminds me of pick guards on old electric (Strat) guitars...

..it feels like the stickers are made out of rubber or silicone, and they're sort of thick like raised tiles.. I mean really it's a really weird feeling cube. The moment you pick it up it just feels really weird like it's a cube made out of rubber. The stickers are actually rubber squares that go about halfway down into a very tiny depression in the cubie, so they're seated in each cubie. Like a tiled cube, only they're not flush with the top of the cubie, they're raised up a little bit.

It's a nice cube, all the new DaYans I've tried (and the Megaminx) have been really nice, But it feeeeeeelss weeeeeirrd maaaaaan.

It's a fine cube,.. nice,... no issues,.. and I like the green. But that feeling when my nails brush against the rubber is just a weird feeling. Can't argue though that the grip is on point. The cube is not slipping at all, the grip is really good.

asdf.jpg
(yeah,.. dig that JPerm cube in the background. That came today too. A little support for a favorite YTuber \m/ )

20210525_175251.jpg
cool red magnets

thicc_boi.png

thicc rubber boi

Kaiju_cube

just realized I didn't talk about the corner cutting or anything.

Corner cutting is very, very good. The cube feels firm and not too loose and deformable. The Tension is snug but you can actually pull it apart quite a ways so that's pretty cool. Magnets feel on par with my other DaYans. It feels sort of in between the Tengyun V2 and the GuHong,.. the corners don't snap together like they do with the GuHong, but it's a bit .. less clacky? as the Tengyun.

It's actually a very nice cube, just the feel of it is very odd. Especially as I've been using my stickered MGC and stickerless Gan356 a lot for weeks. So this rubbery feeling cube is a very abrupt change from the other two cubes.

It's a nice cube and I don't wish to discourage anyone who is interested in it. Just be aware the stickers aren't stickers, they're rubber tiles, and it is the most unique feeling cube I have. And I have (too many?) A LOT of cubes.

I suspect a lot of people will either love it or hate it.

Kaiju_cube

after a few more solves I have to say it's growing on me. It's very crisp feeling. It doesn't deform at all, but it's not tight. Like some cubes like the Valk to me feel tight and stiff and can lock up sort of easily, this doesn't do that at all, it feels tight and crisp, but if you're not perfectly lined up the cube will flex and allow you to force the turn.

It's growing on me,... it's a nice cube,.. sort of wish I'd gotten a regular black stickered one to compare it to, but I really like the green.

I may pick up a second one, and getting a double is pretty much the greatest compliment I give a cube. Every cube I have that I really like I have at least two of them.

... the Gan 356 I have like 4 of them, Lol.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
So this must be what Dayan was talking about with their sticky "stickers".
Great, now I'm very tempted to get this puzzle.

Your description almost makes it seems like it feels like the cube4you tiles

I got out my cube4you tile cube and the tiles are very matte but not rubbery. Maybe the feeling changes for very old material.

LBr

WCA
2022FOGG01
it's ... it's really weird. It looks cool, and it's a nice light, pastel sort of green. Reminds me of pick guards on old electric (Strat) guitars...

..it feels like the stickers are made out of rubber or silicone, and they're sort of thick like raised tiles.. I mean really it's a really weird feeling cube. The moment you pick it up it just feels really weird like it's a cube made out of rubber. The stickers are actually rubber squares that go about halfway down into a very tiny depression in the cubie, so they're seated in each cubie. Like a tiled cube, only they're not flush with the top of the cubie, they're raised up a little bit.

It's a nice cube, all the new DaYans I've tried (and the Megaminx) have been really nice, But it feeeeeeelss weeeeeirrd maaaaaan.

It's a fine cube,.. nice,... no issues,.. and I like the green. But that feeling when my nails brush against the rubber is just a weird feeling. Can't argue though that the grip is on point. The cube is not slipping at all, the grip is really good.

View attachment 15839
(yeah,.. dig that JPerm cube in the background. That came today too. A little support for a favorite YTuber \m/ )

View attachment 15840
cool red magnets

View attachment 15841

thicc rubber boi
Very old school. I bet that that reminds a lot of people of the old DaYan cubes lol