• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

rcbeyer

WCA
2010BEYE01
i realize that this was probably a thread bumped without realizing how old it was however i feel the most important question has yet to be asked in this thread. . .

Hmmm, maybe tighter wasn't the right word. The coefficient of friction seems higher on one side than the others, but all corner cutting/reverse corner cutting is the same. I just cleaned out the whole cube, and the issue remains. Maybe I just fail at lubing. Thanks.

coefficient of static friction or coefficient of kinetic friction?

rubikmaster

WCA
2011JANE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The perfect hybrid cube

Ok,so I really need your help guys.I figured since I have six 3x3's and 2 cores I could make a good hybrid.Ok so here are the cubes that I have:
Shenghen F-II,
Alpha-V,
C-II,
Diansheng(not the mini),
Dayan Guhong,
Dayan Guhong with Cube4You core,
1 Dayan Core
1 Cube4You Core

Please tell me some good hybrids I could make out of this. :)

Cubenovice

Forever Slow
Ok,so I really need your help guys.I figured since I have six 3x3's and 2 cores I could make a good hybrid.Ok so here are the cubes that I have:
Shenghen F-II,
Alpha-V,
C-II,
Diansheng(not the mini),
Dayan Guhong,
Dayan Guhong with Cube4You core,
1 Dayan Core
1 Cube4You Core

Please tell me some good hybrids I could make out of this. :)

YOU have got all the parts
YOU make all possible hybrids
YOU test them all
YOU tell us which is best

Vanism

A type d with type a screws and springs and a cubeforyou core is awesome. It makes it never pop and lock up. It also has good corner cutting abilities.

Yesterday, I got a yellow Maru 3x3, Dayan, Dayan core, and type a screws and springs. It's awesome. It corner cuts amazingly!

Last edited by a moderator:

yoyokidify

candy mountain, it's a land of sweets and joy, and
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have a question. My lunhui core was misthreaded from when i bought it(i didn't know about it at the time.. If i did i would have sent it back.)
So i got my old a-VF core and i used it in the lunhui. The a-VF screws don't fit it in the dayan core as they have a slightly fatter tip, but the same thread.
anyway, is there any danger in using my a-Vf core with my lunhui because it iz the best cube i've ever felt.

Cheese11

WCA
2011KULC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have a question. My lunhui core was misthreaded from when i bought it(i didn't know about it at the time.. If i did i would have sent it back.)
So i got my old a-VF core and i used it in the lunhui. The a-VF screws don't fit it in the dayan core as they have a slightly fatter tip, but the same thread.
anyway, is there any danger in using my a-Vf core with my lunhui because it iz the best cube i've ever felt.

I don't think that it should be a problem. If a problem occurs then please share soon cause I'm going to try this.

s3rzz

I did this on my first lunhui, its a bigger core and longer screws than that of the dayan, but it worked just fine for me. Cube4u cores are a great substitute for this as well.

Zamzar

Good 3x3x3 Hybrids?

Hi guys, I'm pretty new to cubing and wanted to know what are some good 3x3x3 Hybrids, if u can just tell which ones are good and bad, and some details about them that would be good enough, thanks :D

Zamzar

Really??? I don't see what makes using them in the past so different from using them now, it's not like fashion now... is it...?

Last edited: