• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

stickered or stickerless?

Do you prefer stickerless or stickered cubes?

• Total voters

Isaac VM

WCA
2016MUNO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I like more stickered cubes, they just feel classic. I also like when cube stickers are just a little bit wear down however that means I will eventually will have to re-sticker it but when I do they will just look as new and that is a great feeling.

With stickerless cubes you avoid that problem however they will get scratched and while it is not very noticeable it is not easily fixed as re-stickering a cube. I also don't like that it is more difficult to have custom color schemes/shade with stickerless cubes or in my case I haven't bought a stickerless square-1 becuase there isn't one where I can solve using green/blue as top/bottom.

And the fact that now every high performance cube comes in stickerless versions make me miss more the stickered ones.

Last edited:

unirox13

For me it depends on the puzzle. For my standard WCA puzzles I prefer stickerless. So much hands on time and usually rougher usage the colored plastic is just more durable than stickers. However, for more complex puzzles I definitely prefer black plastic, stickered. The gaps between stickers help show off the unique cuts and design of the puzzle. Plus it can help identify legal turns, possible moves, etc.

WCA
2015FOXC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
As a colorblind cuber, I find the shades of stickerless cubes are difficult to tell apart as they tend to be lighter shades. Even if some stickered cubes have difficult shades for me, I can at least change them out. Although maybe there's better shades on currently stickerless cubes, I wouldn't know as I've not bought a cube in years.

OldSwiss

I prefer stickerless.

The main reason is that you can see the backside color without fully turning it.
But it also looks cleaner, the stickers can't get damaged and usually the colors are brighter...

Sometimes if you look older youtube videos where most cubes were stickered, they look horrible.