• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Speedcubing Idea

tungsten

WCA
2017ALDE04
Ahoy,
I know I am not really at the level of expertise to start posting about new methods, as I don't even average sub-30, but I had a thought
What if, during your last 2 f2l slots, you used some algs and just skipped LL?
Say you made your cross, and 2 solved f2l pairs adjacent to each other. You see how your third pair needs to be paired, as well as your fourth, and you do some alg that sets up your fourth pair, such that when you pair them up and do OLS, the cube is solved.

Is this at all practical?
tungsten

gsingh

WCA
2019SING33
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ahoy,
I know I am not really at the level of expertise to start posting about new methods, as I don't even average sub-30, but I had a thought
Say you made your cross, and 2 solved f2l pairs adjacent to each other. You see how your third pair needs to be paired, as well as your fourth, and you do some alg that sets up your fourth pair, such that when you pair them up and do OLS, the cube is solved.

tungsten
there would be too many algs
if anyone did learn them though, sub-4 averages would ez

Thom S.

Practical? No. It shoots out the window the other way.

During the 3rd slot, we still have 12 pieces to solve and you need to find an algorithm set, that solves 2 pieces, pairs up 2 pieces and permutes them to a known location and permutes the other 8 pieces all to their position(except the two that are in the LS, they need to be kept out, another flaw).
Then, at 4th slot, you need an algorithm that orients 8 pieces while swapping 4.
You see how this is almost impossible to recognise, gen algs, learn all of them?
I'll let someone else do the math, but the algorithm count will be 5 digits.

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
Ahoy,

tungsten
There actually is a method that does this but it does it across 3 slots. Look up Q-M’s LL Skip method post. It’s really neat

tungsten

WCA
2017ALDE04
I get how recognition is an issue, but lets assume the 3rd slot is already paired, and it just needs an insertion.
Let's look at WV, we know that it performs an orientation of the corners, but it also permutes pieces, but it doesn't matter all that much.

Scramble: R U' R' U' R U' R' L' U2 L U L' U L (this scramble
This scramble sets up WV case that is solved by U L' U R U' R' L U' R U' R'

Doing this actually performs a V-perm
If we can memorize the permutations done by WV, we can stack 2 WV algs that solve permutation and orientation\

and even-if, its just a hypothetical. I just want to see if its possible, and if so, realistic

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
I get how recognition is an issue, but lets assume the 3rd slot is already paired, and it just needs an insertion.
Let's look at WV, we know that it performs an orientation of the corners, but it also permutes pieces, but it doesn't matter all that much.

Scramble: R U' R' U' R U' R' L' U2 L U L' U L (this scramble
This scramble sets up WV case that is solved by U L' U R U' R' L U' R U' R'

Doing this actually performs a V-perm
If we can memorize the permutations done by WV, we can stack 2 WV algs that solve permutation and orientation

Hm doing 2 algs for orientation and permutation? It’s almost like OLL and PLL do the same thing but better.

Seriously, this isn’t viable don’t bother

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
thats actually a good point, guess I forgot that oll and pll are 2 alg-sets that together solve the last layer, my bad

Lol no worries. If you are interested in more interesting LSLL stuff, look into ZZ. Because EO is done, things that are normally too many algs for CFOP become viable like 1LLL(ZB), OLS, Forcing 2GLL, etc