• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Twisted Cubing | Stream Ideas | Speedcubing Software Library

Declan Rixon

Hi everyone! My name is Declan, I'm an Australian speedsolving and FOSS enthusiast turned software developer. I've recently taken back up speedcubing again and have begun developing a library for the Rust programming language. The library already has support for reading data from the Moyu Weilong AI smartcube, and has preliminary support for recognizing some method sub-steps. I plan to release the library under the GPLv3 once I clean up the Bluetooth code and add full support for sub-step recognition for at least one method with each sub-step also having an (optional) orientation to make the solve breakdowns more readable.

I'm also currently practicing for the oceanic championships. I want to compete with HSC, a pretty experimental method so I'm just breaking the 1 minute barrier with that at the moment (HSC PB: 39.98)

Coming to the point of this thread, I'm looking at streaming my development process, and some solve marathons with different methods on Twitch. My twitch handle is TwistedCubing

and my Patreon and YouTube are linked from there for anyone that wants to support me. My streaming will be pretty regular, a few times a week, but I'm yet to decide on a schedule.

What do you think would be interesting to watch? Any ideas for content, weird methods to try in marathons, and ideas for speedcubing software that could be developed on stream would be much appreciated :D Thanks!