• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Should I switch to the Yau Method?how

Stuart Wade

Hello, I am averaging right at the one-minute mark on 4x4 right now. Should I switch to Yau? I have a gist of how the method goes and I've solved using Yau a few times but slowly of course. The main reason I ask is because edge pairing does seem easier and I hate doing the cross in 3x3 stage. What do you think? Also, how much practice does the Yau Method require and what's the fastest one can get with the regular Reduction Method? Thanks.

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Wow, if you're using reduction and average a minute, you're WAY overdue to switching to an advanced method. :p
(I mean, I'm sure you could get faster with reduction, but there's not much of a point to it, lol.)

It sounds like Yau is probably the best method for you (the only other advanced method anyone really uses is Hoya). It requires about as much practice as any new method, so your times will go up for a little bit as you get used to the way the method works, but it's worth it in the long run.