• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Rubik's Magic and Master Magic Discussion

Alexander

WCA
2005OOMS01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Wow, I just checked my Master Magic (and in the process discovered I have a broken string I didn't know about!). Mine looks just like your picture (except it's black). So I'm quite sure it's solvable that way. I couldn't remember whether my Master Magic was strung normally or backwards; I guess this means it's strung backwards. It probably always has been, and it's how I learned it.

I see that is the silver version that one is for me to normale one for me the black version is later version and the strings are backwards.
this week i think im going to look for my old master magic and try to make a vid of my version of the solution back in the days (The Ooms method)
I remember the Ooms method being a thing. It's nice to have you back here with us!

I see that is the silver version that one is for me to normale one for me the black version is later version and the strings are backwards.
this week i think im going to look for my old master magic and try to make a vid of my version of the solution back in the days (The Ooms method)
Cool! Be sure to post your solution here so I have a chance to solve mine! Thanks!

Wow, I just checked my Master Magic (and in the process discovered I have a broken string I didn't know about!). Mine looks just like your picture (except it's black). So I'm quite sure it's solvable that way. I couldn't remember whether my Master Magic was strung normally or backwards; I guess this means it's strung backwards. It probably always has been, and it's how I learned it.
I'm not quite sure if I understand what you mean... You say "... it's solvable that way". Which way do you mean? If you have the time make a vid of your solution, maybe it is the way I can solve mine.... I'd really appreciate that, but if you don't have the time it's no prob, after all it's just a game ;)
Anyway, thanks a lot!!!

p.s. sorry about the broken string on your master! but ender9994 mentioned where you can buy replacement strings, so... good luck with the restringing!:)

DracoMZMH

Hi, I've had a master magic for about 4 years and for about 3 and a half of them its been uselessly scrambled. I have it in a position where the half rings of one color are on one side, and the rings of the other color are on the other side, but two are out of place on the sides, and some of the pieces don't align. I've tried multiple different tutorials, both back when it was first screwed up, and now, spurred by me getting a normal magic. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I will try to upload an image but apparently the server can't handle a 1 mb image?

DNF_Cuber

Hi, I've had a master magic for about 4 years and for about 3 and a half of them its been uselessly scrambled. I have it in a position where the half rings of one color are on one side, and the rings of the other color are on the other side, but two are out of place on the sides, and some of the pieces don't align. I've tried multiple different tutorials, both back when it was first screwed up, and now, spurred by me getting a normal magic. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I will try to upload an image but apparently the server can't handle a 1 mb image?
Maybe the puzzle is in an invalid state, and is unsolvable, you can try to fix it manually maybe if it is not getting solved.
If the state was reached without forcing a turn or anything it should be solvable.