• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Rubik's Cube sightings in media

Feryll

A recent Mythbusters episode shows someone solving a cube briefly. It was the pain tolerance/propane tank boom episode.

Aww, in the episode they showed us in class they had a flashback to that episode. I want to see it now.

Also, why was it showing that? Was it the pain in your fingers after using a storebought for a couple of hours?

"AH! I CAN'T STAND ONE MORE TURN!!!"

Tyjet66

YouTube
Visit Channel
A recent Mythbusters episode shows someone solving a cube briefly. It was the pain tolerance/propane tank boom episode.

Aww, in the episode they showed us in class they had a flashback to that episode. I want to see it now.

Also, why was it showing that? Was it the pain in your fingers after using a storebought for a couple of hours?

I fail to understand what you just said... my store bought is almost as good as my F-II.

EVH

I fail to understand what you just said... my store bought is almost as good as my F-II.

To be completely the honest the only reason a DIY is better than a storebought is because you can adjust the centercaps on a DIY...

Cubenovice

Forever Slow
There was a 3x3x3 image in a presentation by our charmain / CEO last Tuesday.
What made it more fun is that I had been cubing in the bus that brought us to the hotel where the presentation was. Some some collegues spotted the cube too and mentioned to me on the way back.

fanwuq

WCA
2008FANW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Today, my parents were watching a Chinese TV show and told me to come watch. The show invited Haiyan Zhuang, Shenjia Zhang, Yumu Tabuchi, and another Chinese guy and girl.
Shenjia, Yumu, and the other guy had some solves around 10-13 seconds. The girl solved it in 51 seconds. Yumu had a 1:20 foot solve and 18s OH solve.
Haiyan had a 51s DNF and a 27.88 BLD solve.
Then they showed off various other puzzles including the megaminx and sq-1 variations. Overall, it was well done and quite entertaining, but probably would not bring me back to cubing any time soon.

miniGOINGS

Today, my parents were watching a Chinese TV show and told me to come watch. The show invited Haiyan Zhuang, Shenjia Zhang, Yumu Tabuchi, and another Chinese guy and girl.
Shenjia, Yumu, and the other guy had some solves around 10-13 seconds. The girl solved it in 51 seconds. Yumu had a 1:20 foot solve and 18s OH solve.
Haiyan had a 51s DNF and a 27.88 BLD solve.
Then they showed off various other puzzles including the megaminx and sq-1 variations. Overall, it was well done and quite entertaining, but probably would not bring me back to cubing any time soon.

http://www.speedsolving.com/forum/showthread.php?p=379862

Feryll

Someone built a giant-ish Rubik's cube sculpture (and some other, unworthy, ugly art pieces ;)) on a busy road called Ford road. Here's a picture of it:
RubiksCube_000.jpg
My BLD buffer is already placed. I'll go visit it and get the scramble later.

And the article about it http://www.msisculpture.com/2010-11Canton.htm