• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Rubik's Cube sightings in media

YouTube
badmephisto
Thread starter #1
To my surprise I found cubes in the biggest Toronto newspaper today (Metro), on page #2. Millions of people here read it. Thats the exposure that we need! :D
pic:
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/842/metrocubeee7.jpg

It got me wondering about exactly how much exposure it is getting elsewhere. Did anyone see it in the media recently? I wish we had a thread dedicated just for this. It is exciting and interesting to see whats written about us, the "speed cubers".

WCA
2007RODR02
wow, but Philippine is even better because during the Rubik's Cube Philippine Open 2007, there was a media recording the competition and then later broadcast it. A lot of tv appearance getting a lot of attentions to all filipinos. Wow.

maybe the speedcubers here can come up with a "record" attempt on the next world championships.. hopefully the media can cover some of that..(guiness record??)

i don't watch a lot of ESPN but i have seen speedstacking a couple of times but never a speedcubing event...True??

Not speedcubing but there is a commmercial on TV right now with some lady designer her loft and turning a rubiks cube with pictures of her fancy pad on it.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
YouTube
pjkcards
There was a clue on Jeopardy yesterday that said:
"This world famous cube puzzle was made by a Hungarian"

It was only a $400 clue. This is the second time I've seen a Rubik's clue on Jeopardy. The other one was a couple months after Leyan Lo broke the WR, and it said something like "Leyan Lo solved this puzzle in 11.13 seconds as a new WR".

Well, there was a recent article in the local newspaper about the Minnesota Open. Apart from that, I don't think I've seen much of anything.

It's nice to see that it's at least getting a little media coverage, though!