• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Rubik's Cube sightings in media

Sa967St

Not A Moderator
WCA
2007STRO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
olook, Eric on TV again
http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/CanadaAM/20100825/rubiks-cube-art-100825/

I saw the video about cubeworks. I'm glad they finally realized it isn't just Eric, and Sarah is part of the team too.
We both do the work equally, but ofc the news reporters wanted him to be the star since he's had speedcubing national records and his 11/11 multi was shown on Oprah's show. The graphic designer wasn't even mentioned at all, and he's the one who pixelates images to put together the maps that we follow to construct the images. We don't really mind that Eric is getting all this attention and not us, as long as the company is mentioned somehow (it's free advertisement.) :p
Disclaimer: I built the Mick Jagger Piece and the Clint Eastwood piece that they were referring to in the above link.

Last edited:

StachuK1992

statue
WCA
2008KORI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
mh8xag.jpg

Andrew Ricci

Anonymity is for Nubs
WCA
2010RICC02
YouTube
Visit Channel
olook, Eric on TV again
http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/CanadaAM/20100825/rubiks-cube-art-100825/

I saw the video about cubeworks. I'm glad they finally realized it isn't just Eric, and Sarah is part of the team too.
We both do the work equally, but ofc the news reporters wanted him to be the star since he's had speedcubing national records and his 11/11 multi was shown on Oprah's show. The graphic designed wasn't even mentioned at all, and he's the one who pixelates images to put together the maps that we follow to construct the images. We don't really mind that Eric is getting all this attention and not us, as long as the company is mentioned somehow (it's free advertisement.) :p
Disclaimed: I built the Mick Jagger Piece and the Clint Eastwood piece that they were referring to in the above link.

But your one of (if not the) top female cuber. Doesn't that count for anything?

Also, Waste Management had a rubik's cube commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gpX_FNQxoQ

Rook

I saw the CTV clip last night. I wouldn't be surprised if some little kids try getting into cubing hoping to work for you guys XD

I never realized how many portraits you guys actually make. Out of curiosity, how long does it take on average per portrait?

Cubenovice

Forever Slow
How 'bout making some pieces with an image on both sides?

Makes the setting up of the cubes a bit more difficult but still fully doable (provided the pixel guy makes sure all scrambles are possible)

Chapuunka

WCA
2010JUDD01
"That's why I couldn't do it! I didn't have a loose cube!"

Yup, that makes sense. Makes me wondered what kind of crazy stuff I would've thunk up about the cube had I been introduced fully to the speedcubing world.