• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Rubik's cube F2L solver

circular

Here is my lastest program. It is a Rubik's cube program that solves the first two layers using the F2L method.

You can turn the cube in 3D and move faces using F, U, L, B, D, R, with Shift and Alt. Also you can use M, E, S for slice moves, and x,y,z to rotate the cube with the keyboard.

It can be downloaded here :
http://consume.o2switch.net/rubik_f2l.zip

Here is a screenshot :
rubik_f2l.png

circular

I am still wishing to do some kind of optimal OLL and optimal PLL solver. That's why I didn't go directly toward automatic application of these algorithms. But if I can't find out how to do it, well I suppose I can do some automatic recognition of cases and rotation of those algorithms.

I am also thinking about generating more fingertrick-friendly sequences, for example using Dw instead of U if it is better, etc. But I do not know yet how to do this.

circular

Here is a new version :
- bug fix about orientation of additional sequences (combobox dropdown)
- solving of OLL using moves of length 8 or less

circular

There is new version, where you can choose the aspect of the cube (classic, white, stickerless...)
rubik_f2l_white.png

circular

Yes, if you use Alt key. And if you use Shift key, it turns the middle slice too.

circular

I've done the optimization of sequences for grip (by adding rotations and using double moves instead of simple moves).

The scrambe can also be grip-optimized.

Here is an example :

B2 L2 B' R' B' U' L2 R2 D' B2 L2 F' B' L2 U D' B' R L2 U D R2 L' F2 L'

is optimised in :

y R2 x' U2 R' u' f' U' r2 R2' U' F2 r2 F' f' u2 R r' u' R r2' F f y z' R2 r' U2 r'

The F2L solver finds (for the bottom cross) :

B D F2 R' F D / U2 B' U' B / U2 R' U2 R / U2 F R U2 R' U2 F' / U F' U' F U' R U R' (29f)

with grip optimization, it finds instead :

f r U2 z2 x' u' r D / U2 R' U' R / U2 x' u' R2 D / R2' F D R2 u' y' r2' F' / r U' r' F z U' R U R' (29f)

The OLL solver finds

z U R b U' F' r' / r U' R' U x r' U' R (11f)

We get a J-perm

U'

Solver finds
L2 D L D' L B2 R' U R B2(3572 ms)

Optimized in

r2' d F U' y r U2 R' F R U2 x

Moves weights may not be very good for now and may need some adjustments.