• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Random Blindfold Cubing Discussion

h2f

Premium Member
WCA
2014PACE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
that's cool. I think it will be broken this year
too bad Maskow doesn't cube anymore. He just does these crazy picture memory games

Why do you think he doesnt cube? He never mentioned it.
Anyone have a commutator tutorial for the 4x4 edges and centers? I've found guides for corner comms already.

Look at the Ollie's signature few posts above.

Neptunolium

WCA
2016JOHN07
I don't understand edge flips or corner twists... I've just started 3BLD and I'm using M2/OP. But I never understand how to twist two corners in their position or flip edges. Do you use algs, or do you swap the flipped pieces twice to get them solved.

e.g. I finished solving edges apart from FD(buffer) and BR, which are flipped in their position. Do I use an alg, or swap the buffer with BR and swap again, or do I leave it and solve corners (no parity)

The same with corners, e.g all solved apart from UBR(buffer) and FDR (both twisted)

Ollie

WCA
2012FROS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't understand edge flips or corner twists... I've just started 3BLD and I'm using M2/OP. But I never understand how to twist two corners in their position or flip edges. Do you use algs, or do you swap the flipped pieces twice to get them solved.

e.g. I finished solving edges apart from FD(buffer) and BR, which are flipped in their position. Do I use an alg, or swap the buffer with BR and swap again, or do I leave it and solve corners (no parity)

The same with corners, e.g all solved apart from UBR(buffer) and FDR (both twisted)

Just use algs. You can shoot to the target and then shoot again, but it's a lot simpler to use algs (maybe someone will correct me). Try these:

2 opposite edges: M' U' M' U' M' U2 M U' M U' M U2 // basically the last 6 moves are the first 6 moves repeated, but with M instead of M'

2 adjacent edges: R' U2 R2 U R' U' R' U2 r U R U' r' // the inverse is fast too.

2 corners: R U2 R' U2 (R' U' R U) R U' R' U2 (R' U2 R U')

Neptunolium

WCA
2016JOHN07
Just use algs. You can shoot to the target and then shoot again, but it's a lot simpler to use algs (maybe someone will correct me). Try these:

2 opposite edges: M' U' M' U' M' U2 M U' M U' M U2 // basically the last 6 moves are the first 6 moves repeated, but with M instead of M'

2 adjacent edges: R' U2 R2 U R' U' R' U2 r U R U' r' // the inverse is fast too.

2 corners: R U2 R' U2 (R' U' R U) R U' R' U2 (R' U2 R U')

Thanks a lot, but where do the edges and corners have to be? The places I said or somewhere specific on the cube? (Speffz or normal notation, I don't mind)

newtonbase

Premium Member
WCA
2015ADAM03
YouTube
Visit Channel
The simplest way to solve a flipped edge or twisted corner is to shoot to one sticker and then shoot to where that sticker needs to go.
Otherwise, to flip edges UF and UB - M' U' M' U' M' U' M' U2 M' U' M' U' M' U' M' credit to @Berd
To twist UFL clockwise and UBL anticlockwise - 2 x sexy move (R U R' U'), L', 2 x reverse sexy move (U R U' L'), L. If you need to twist UFL anticlockwise do L', 2 x sexy, L, 2 x reverse sexy.
Try these on a solved cube as mentioned above because I'm far too drunk to proof read the algs.

Edited to fix algs. Thanks @mark49152

Last edited:

Berd

WCA
2014LONG06
YouTube
Visit Channel
The simplest way to solve a flipped edge or twisted corner is to shoot to one sticker and then shoot to where that sticker needs to go.
Otherwise, to flip edges UF and UB - M' U' M' U' M' U' M' U2 M' U' M' U' M' U' M' credit to @Berd
To twist UFL clockwise and UBL anticlockwise - sexy move (R U R' U'), L', reverse sexy move (U R U' L'), L. If you need to twist UFL anticlockwise do L', sexy, L, reverse sexy.
Try these on a solved cube as mentioned above because I'm far too drunk to proof read the algs.
You're welcome!

Is it a good idea in MBLD to have 2 sets of rooms? So you can alternate between attempts?

tseitsei

WCA
2012LEHT01
You're welcome!

Is it a good idea in MBLD to have 2 sets of rooms? So you can alternate between attempts?
I only have six "places" that all have 8 smaller locations so each "place" has room for 4 cubes in mbld since each location holds memo for edges or corners of one cube. This adds up to 24 cubes so only 1 mbld attempt for me But if you want to do daily attempts you definitely need at least 2 completely seperate routes.

4bld is not a problem for me because memo is so short term that I memo it with quick sentences and usually forger it quickly
And for 5bld only part I really use "proper" images (like in mbld) is + centers and midges. So I only need 3 locations per solve (2 for + centers and 1 for midges), that means that theoretically I could do 8 solces without usong the same locations twice but I have never done that many in a row. Rest is memoed like I was doing 4bld since that is essentially what I'm doing (1. memo +centers and midges 2. Do 4bld normally 3. Execute +centers and midges)

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Nice. How well do you find it works?
I don't mix things up as much and it's easier to recall. Previously I might do a few 4BLDs from the same locations and struggle to recall current memo because some previous memo keeps flashing back.

I like to have compact buildings and cycle between them because they all get similar amounts of practice.