• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Pyraminx: Need help learning to one-look my solves.

GioccioCuber

I currently use intuitive L4E and would like to learn how to one look my solves. My best PB single is 3.51 and a 6.79 Ao5. Anyone got any tips?
(Excuse the pun)
Hi, I've got sub 3 official avg so i think i can help you a bit.
One looking pyraminx with v-first method is not hard to learn (although it takes a while to do it consistently). The method is just about tracking last 4 edges (i suggest you start by tracking the D edge as it's really useful to know that even if you don't finish tracking all the rest).
Once you get the hang of it with unlimited time i suggest you try pyrabld(no tips) so you get faster at tracking pieces.
I hope this was helpful, if you need further explanation tell me and I'll try to answer.
P.s don't even think about one looking until you average mid 3 at most

Last edited:

ProCuber72

Hi, I've got sub 3 official avg so i think i can help you a bit.
One looking pyraminx with v-first method is not hard to learn (although it takes a while to do it consistently). The method is just about tracking last 4 edges (i suggest you start by tracking the D edge as it's really useful to know that even if you don't finish tracking all the rest).
Once you get the hang of it with unlimited time i suggest you try pyrabld(no tips) so you get faster at tracking pieces.
I hope this was helpful, if you need further explanation tell me and I'll try to answer.
P.s don't start one looking until sub 4 global average
Isn't L4E a v first method?