• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

need help getting sub 5 on pyraminx

kameron9291

pls reply on tips on getting sub 5 my avg is usually ten or less and im using a modded shengshou pyraminx it would help me alot

NewCuber000

WCA
2014BOUD01
what method do you use at the moment? Thats an important thing to know with pyraminx.
Also, the moyu pyraminx is the only pyra I've ever had but apperantly it's the best there is, eventually once you get more serious in the event you may want to get one. Although I'm sure many people have gotten Sub-5 on a shengshou at some point.

YouCubing

WCA
2015JOIN01
YouTube
channel/UC85RnSL8xLGBkHIACO5bzkw
what method do you use at the moment? Thats an important thing to know with pyraminx.
Also, the moyu pyraminx is the only pyra I've ever had but apperantly it's the best there is, eventually once you get more serious in the event you may want to get one. Although I'm sure many people have gotten Sub-5 on a shengshou at some point.
pretty sure Drew's been sub4 with a modded SS Pyra before the Moyu came out. Also, the QiYi is my main (mostly because my Moyu sucks xD) and even though it sort of clicks into place more than the Moyu, it has amazing corner cutting and is at the same time really controllable.

willtri4

WCA
2015BELO03
YouTube
Will Belote
pretty sure Drew's been sub4 with a modded SS Pyra before the Moyu came out. Also, the QiYi is my main (mostly because my Moyu sucks xD) and even though it sort of clicks into place more than the Moyu, it has amazing corner cutting and is at the same time really controllable.
You can adjust the clickiness on the Qiyi

gateway cuber

YouTube
Carter Schrum
pls reply on tips on getting sub 5 my avg is usually ten or less and im using a modded shengshou pyraminx it would help me alot
Look ahead. It's all about look ahead. With pyraminx also being so awkward to turn, it's also important to develop a fast turning style as well. I personally average around 4.5 but I do fluctuate a lot (like 2.9 and 7.6 in the same average). But basically you need to practice Pyra the way you'd practice 3x3. It's just kinda awkward, that's all.

WCA
2014GROV01
YouTube
SaranshGroverCubing
For Keyhole , I advise you to either go ahead by learning steps like 1- Flip or Oka and with some practice you should be able to get sub 5 on them. Drew has great videos on his channel about them.
However, if you want to go the V- First way , you can learn l4e. I have a video on it here