• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Pyraminx method names

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
Oka is good for a method if you want to get faster, without having to learn too many algs. :tu Tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU9iSdVKHwI

If you want an easier method, use LBL, or if you want really easy, use Bob Burton's. If you want more advanced, you could learn L4E, but there are 70 algs or something. :(
I'd say max 30 algs you didn't already know, and there's a few movers, and a lot of intuitive cases. This is why I'm posting them in groups on my site, so people realize how few there are, that are more than 5 or 6 moves.

RCTACameron

WCA
2010STOL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'd say max 30 algs you didn't already know, and there's a few movers, and a lot of intuitive cases. This is why I'm posting them in groups on my site, so people realize how few there are, that are more than 5 or 6 moves.

Cool. :tu I might try learning them between MCD and MSO. Also, for future reference (eg learning L4E), can I have a link to your site?

cubefan4848

WCA
2011FLAY02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I use a method called FM or Flay Method there is a video tutorial at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tugvraaCeys
I am now working on a new method called IFM or Improved Flay Method (yeah i suck at names) It is the same start as FM and then you finish with L4E. I think it will be really good for my style of solving. But I haven't quite learnt all the L4E algorithms yet.

Please people don't post saying that L4E and IFM are exactly the same because they have a different starting

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
Cool. :tu I might try learning them between MCD and MSO. Also, for future reference (eg learning L4E), can I have a link to your site?
I've had some trouble making images for my cases, and first I'm posting a new method (newly published I mean) called Face Permute.
http://mzrg.com/rubik/solving/pyraminx/index.html
Is qqwref's site. Set one you know, then a few in set 2 and 3 you'll know as well.
You only need those sets. Work the rest out yourself, it's not hard :p

HavoCentral

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
im new to pyraminx but quite a few of the methods sound the same to me

basicall solve the centers on one side ex. yellow
solve the edges on that side, completing a face
then solve remaining edges

i believe that is these methods are all the same

Bob Burton's method
LBL (Layer by Layer)
Johan Holmedahl's method
WO (Wedel-Odder) does steps in reverse

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
don't post saying that L4E and IFM are exactly the same because they have a different starting
L4E and IFM are exactly the same because they have the same starting
Seriously, every post you make, makes you look worse. They are exactly the same. The first step of Polish V, is to get 3 corners (the pieces under the tips with 3 stickers) and 2 edges solved on the same face. Then you solve the L4E.
"IFM" does exactly the same :fp

Carrot

WCA
2008ANDE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
L4E and IFM are exactly the same because they have the same starting
Seriously, every post you make, makes you look worse. They are exactly the same. The first step of Polish V, is to get 3 corners (the pieces under the tips with 3 stickers) and 2 edges solved on the same face. Then you solve the L4E.
"IFM" does exactly the same :fp

PWNED!!! =D

btw. I need to add OFF, the ortega like method and some other random methods xD

HavoCentral

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just started learning oka youtube, and will switch to pure oka eventually.
My question is, at what point during the solve should you fix the tips.
Currently I fix the tip that is attached to the two edges in the beginning. And then when I am "key-holing" the other centers I rotate the tip then the center.
This adds a few seconds to my time though.

riffz

WCA
2009HOLT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just started learning oka youtube, and will switch to pure oka eventually.
My question is, at what point during the solve should you fix the tips.
Currently I fix the tip that is attached to the two edges in the beginning. And then when I am "key-holing" the other centers I rotate the tip then the center.
This adds a few seconds to my time though.

That's what I do, unless I see a nice solution and then I'll leave the final 3 tips to the end so that I don't forget what I saw in inspection. Tips really slow me down :\

Odder does them at the end, it seems. (Possibly first one at beginning?)

Carrot

WCA
2008ANDE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
That's what I do, unless I see a nice solution and then I'll leave the final 3 tips to the end so that I don't forget what I saw in inspection. Tips really slow me down :\

Odder does them at the end, it seems. (Possibly first one at beginning?)

I do 0-1 while recognising the LL case and 0-3 after LL alg :)