• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Petrus Discussion and Help thread

brododragon

Is the EO step worth it? It takes upwards of 6 moves and great restricts you. I feel like it would be less moves to just do 2L OLL, and easier.

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
It does give you the RU two gen advantage, which can be executed much quicker than CFOP 3 gen pairing, gives you easier OLL, opens opportunity for ZBLL and also, you can influence it in 2x2x3 stage if you’re good. Though it make take some moves, it never seems to affect me, and I can do EO blindingly fast.

I want to get faster by learning Petrus. Can anyone suggest a good website or tutorial?

Here's a thread from one of the fastest Petrus solver.

Here's how to solve using Petrus :

Last edited:

dudefaceguy

It's cool to see all the interest in Petrus lately. It's a very elegant method, and good for beginners. Lars's tutorial makes a good middle ground between speed optimization and ease of learning - especially as to the 3 look last layer (permute corners, orient corners, permute edges). I'm tempted to jump on the bandwagon and do some Petrus solves.

dudefaceguy

Have any of you started with Petrus, learning COLL/EPLL rather than transitioning from CFOP using OLL/PLL? Just curious.