• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Personal Progress Threads. READ IF YOU HAVE ONE OR PLAN TO MAKE ONE.

Is this a good idea?

• Total voters

alexiscubing

WCA
2018HIRS04
YouTube
Visit Channel
I agree with Kit and most of you guys, I will stop posting dumb stuff to threads getting it off topic, and will retire my progress thread. I mainly came for cubing help and tips, so now I think that I will just update threads that can me progress and become a better cuber. I think that overall, the main threads, prostar and petrus can be kept, but things like cults and other useless threads should be just discussed in DMs.

WCA
2017OWEN01
I agree with Kit and most of you guys, I will stop posting dumb stuff to threads getting it off topic, and will retire my progress thread. I mainly came for cubing help and tips, so now I think that I will just update threads that can me progress and become a better cuber. I think that overall, the main threads, prostar and petrus can be kept, but things like cults and other useless threads should be just discussed in DMs.
this is kind of what I think. I like @PetrusQuber thread and other that are trying to do something truly hard and which will push the community but I don’t think the forum should just be for talking about cubing. There are much better platforms for that such as discord. I think the forums work better as a resource to help people and develop the community. A good example of a progress thread would be if someone decided to do one on learning full 1lll and were fully commited to it as people could help them and it could act as a guide to people wanting to try it in the future. On the other hand a thread on someone trying to learn OLL wouldn’t be good as it isn’t going to make any breakthroughs or change the community in anyway as 1000s of people have already done it.

brododragon

Unless some sort of giant change happens in the forums I don't see any world-class cubers coming back.
The reason that people aren't world class is that they're on SS.
It does however represent a majority of the speedcubing community and I find it just as fun to talk to someone like @brododragon who isn't at all that fast (no offense bro) compared to a world-class solver.
I went ahead and fixed the grammering mistakes.
the major reason I am on SS is to talk with other cubes about pretty much anything.
Waaaaiiiiit.... You are the MGC 7x7?

Nmile7300

WCA
2019MILE04
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have an apology to make. I still support progress threads, but I have come to the realization that I acted a bit stupid on this thread the last few days. I'm sorry I got so angry and defensive for no reason. I let my anger overwhelm my common sense, which should have never happened. I regret many of the things I said. To anyone who doesn't support progress threads: I don't agree with you, but I respect your opinion. That would have never come from my lips a few days ago, but I have realized that I was in the wrong and was being dumb. I hope everyone understands and forgives me. :)

brododragon

I have an apology to make. I still support progress threads, but I have come to the realization that I acted a bit stupid on this thread the last few days. I'm sorry I got so angry and defensive for no reason. I let my anger overwhelm my common sense, which should have never happened. I regret many of the things I said. To anyone who doesn't support progress threads: I don't agree with you, but I respect your opinion. That would have never come from my lips a few days ago, but I have realized that I was in the wrong and was being dumb. I hope everyone understands and forgives me. :)
Every argument gets a little heated :)

Cuberstache

WCA
2016DAVI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Kinda surprised no one has tagged me already, but here's my progress thread. I update it once a week, and to avoid clutter, I edit the original post unless something especially notable happens (like how I broke my PB single, ao5, ao12, ao50, and ao100 this week). I'm also using a unique method (YruRU) so I think my progress is more interesting because I'm pioneering a new method that could one day be the gold standard for one-handed solving. To add something to the current discussion, I support a mutable progress thread subforum.

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Kinda surprised no one has tagged me already, but here's my progress thread. I update it once a week, and to avoid clutter, I edit the original post unless something especially notable happens (like how I broke my PB single, ao5, ao12, ao50, and ao100 this week). I'm also using a unique method (YruRU) so I think my progress is more interesting because I'm pioneering a new method that could one day be the gold standard for one-handed solving. To add something to the current discussion, I support a mutable progress thread subforum.
Only people who actually post here get tagged.

Nmile7300

WCA
2019MILE04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Small bump. I've seen a bunch of quest and progress threads being posted and none of the people posting are registering here. Obviously I don't expect them to when they can't see this thread lol. I expect most of these threads to die within a few weeks and some of them are already dead, so we shouldn't really worry about thread that some of them are "breaking the rules". However, @PetrusQuber if you see one that seems to be thriving that isn't on the list then perhaps send them a PM or something. I'm glad everyone stopped arguing. :)

Jam88

YouTube
Visit Channel
@PetrusQuber My Progress Thread

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
@PetrusQuber My Progress Thread
I’ve pretty much given up on this since I can’t enforce it, but whatever.
Thanks for reading the post

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't have a progress thread, I have a personal spreadsheet that has avgs for every "serious" session I have ever done. I'm not fast enough for people to care so I keep it to myself. Also I may post some statistical analysis of my avgs when I collect enough data.